Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 08:49 AM

616 posts, read 1,750,917 times

Advertisements

Maybe this should be posted somewhere else ... but it seems a lot of folks on this board are being laid off and wondering how they might get their prescriptions at a decent price.

I stumbled across an article discussing ways to cope with the economy, and it pointed me to RxAssist - Patient Assistance Programs.

I plugged in my three Rx and found that two are cheaper at WalMart (for 90 day Rx), but the one that was going to cost me $65 for 90 days (that was the cheapest I could find) can be had for $25 for 90 days through a program. The site seems to be pretty friendly to use, and can hook you up to different programs. Some have very strict financial guidelines - in my case one program wouldn't have worked because my husband and I are above 1x the Federal Poverty Level - but another program was more liberal.

That savings of $40 isn't do or die for me, but it does help. Now, on to finding a way to afford Enbrel injections for my husband.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 08:56 AM

1,304 posts, read 4,319,732 times
Default Union County NC Prescription Drug Discount Card

If you live in Union County, here is a prescription drug discount card program available to county residents for FREE:

Prescription Drug Discount Card

Note, it can even be used for pet meds.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:56 AM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
Good link! Thanks for posting it.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:58 AM

4,713 posts, read 9,697,299 times
If you have a high-priced medication, a lot of pharmaceutical companies will offer assistance as well for people with economic barriers to the costs of the prescription. I would suggest checking the manufacturer's website and doing a search on that topic.

Old 02-06-2009, 11:10 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
I think this is a great thread!!! And it is very timely!

Thank you so much for posting the link, AB - and MN - nice you mentioned the card!

Old 02-06-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
If you have a high-priced medication, a lot of pharmaceutical companies will offer assistance as well for people with economic barriers to the costs of the prescription. I would suggest checking the manufacturer's website and doing a search on that topic.
Yes, indeed, you are right and this is a most excellent suggestion. It's worth the research!

Old 02-06-2009, 01:26 PM

2 posts, read 2,393 times
I am the owner of Faith Pharmaceutical Advocacy. We are trained, professionals who assist individuals and families with prescription assistance.
Most of the pharmaceutical companies require that the individuals must have an advocate to apply on and refill the medication on behalf of the patient.
FPA handles all of the correspondence, paperwork, faxing, mailing, and refills, all for a very affordable price of $25 a month. This amount covers 2 name brand medications.
We have access to thousands of available medications, all name brand. We even take patients who have Medicare and Medicaid. Some cases may require appeals. In these cases, there will be an additional fee charged.
FPA is not limited to just Texas residents, we provide nationwide assistance. For more info please feel free to shoot me an e-mail. adunn@leo.tamu-commerce.edu.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:22 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adunn75482 View Post
I am the owner of Faith Pharmaceutical Advocacy. We are trained, professionals who assist individuals and families with prescription assistance.
Most of the pharmaceutical companies require that the individuals must have an advocate to apply on and refill the medication on behalf of the patient.
FPA handles all of the correspondence, paperwork, faxing, mailing, and refills, all for a very affordable price of $25 a month. This amount covers 2 name brand medications.
We have access to thousands of available medications, all name brand. We even take patients who have Medicare and Medicaid. Some cases may require appeals. In these cases, there will be an additional fee charged.
FPA is not limited to just Texas residents, we provide nationwide assistance. For more info please feel free to shoot me an e-mail. adunn@leo.tamu-commerce.edu.
This is amazing! I had no idea there was this type of service out there.

Very good info. There are so many people dealing w/ very expensive meds and a lot of people are not picking up insurance after job loss - cause they literally cannot afford it.

Are you at Texas A&M? Fine institution!

Old 02-06-2009, 02:27 PM

973 posts, read 3,303,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnative View Post
If you live in Union County, here is a prescription drug discount card program available to county residents for FREE:

Prescription Drug Discount Card

Note, it can even be used for pet meds.
Great thread!

Does anyone know of a similar program in Mecklenburg county?

Old 02-06-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmobizmo View Post
Great thread!

Does anyone know of a similar program in Mecklenburg county?
The program in Union County is through the National Association of Counties (NACO). Their web site is at NACo | County Resource Center

It doesn't look like Mecklenburg County is in this program, but that doesn't mean there is no similar program in MC. Interesting though, Mecklenburg does belong to NACO, so maybe they will do this in the near future?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte