Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 05:55 AM

10 posts, read 42,854 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know about a "new" place in Charlotte where you can watch a movie and have drinks. Someone told me about it but they do not know where or what the name of it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 06:19 AM

2,560 posts, read 6,829,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAC3 View Post
Does anyone know about a "new" place in Charlotte where you can watch a movie and have drinks. Someone told me about it but they do not know where or what the name of it is.
See "going out" thred-theaters in Ballentyne has wine & beer etc.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:16 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Anyone starting a new business and needing resources or info could post that, too. That stimulates the economy and creates jobs. So if any of you need info on a new business start up - like - space to lease, finding personnel, writing a business plan - C-D is a great source to get people on track for that, too. We have so many people willing to volunteer time to help people get on w/ their lives!!!

Old 02-10-2009, 07:13 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,343,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAC3 View Post
I think it's the Epicenter place in Charlotte downtown

Old 02-11-2009, 08:21 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,718,382 times
I just found another Charlotte job board...hope this helps.

Charlotte Jobs and Business Network

Old 02-11-2009, 11:05 AM

21 posts, read 72,635 times
Ani, you are an angel! I am looking for a full-time position within the motorsports industry in Charlotte, NC with a race track, race team, sanctioning body, or support service for the industry. I am a recent graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in Business Management with a concentration in Motorsports Management. This is a new program at Belmont Abbey College and I am one of a small group who are the first to graduate from this program. Unfortunately or fortunately, I graduated in December when many jobs in the motorsports industry were being shed. I have expertise in the motorsports industry in guest services, logistics, event planning, race operations, and corporate sales and marketing through three internships (Lowe's Motor Speedway and Richard Petty Driving Experience), and a part-time position (Lowe's Motor Speedway). Finally, you should know that as a young man, I am enthusiastic and willing to be flexible. You can contact me via email at tomvesey1@earthlink.net. Any information about an available position within the motorsports industry would be very helpful. Thanks.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomvesey0505 View Post
Ani, you are an angel! I am looking for a full-time position within the motorsports industry in Charlotte, NC with a race track, race team, sanctioning body, or support service for the industry. I am a recent graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in Business Management with a concentration in Motorsports Management. This is a new program at Belmont Abbey College and I am one of a small group who are the first to graduate from this program. Unfortunately or fortunately, I graduated in December when many jobs in the motorsports industry were being shed. I have expertise in the motorsports industry in guest services, logistics, event planning, race operations, and corporate sales and marketing through three internships (Lowe's Motor Speedway and Richard Petty Driving Experience), and a part-time position (Lowe's Motor Speedway). Finally, you should know that as a young man, I am enthusiastic and willing to be flexible. You can contact me via email at tomvesey1@earthlink.net. Any information about an available position within the motorsports industry would be very helpful. Thanks.
I just hope we can match up people and jobs, but I appreciate the compliment!

Gosh, we gotta find you work! That is a very interesting degree - lots of useful components and the skills should transfer in the hospitality industry.

You need to get linked up w/ the right people. Anyone at LMS who you can network with?

Old 02-11-2009, 12:30 PM

21 posts, read 72,635 times
Ani,

I have been in close contact with my network of internship supervisors at LMS and they are actively looking and listening for any leads within the industry.

Old 02-11-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomvesey0505 View Post
Ani,

I have been in close contact with my network of internship supervisors at LMS and they are actively looking and listening for any leads within the industry.
Excellent. It is such a difficult time right now. Don't get discouraged, but on the other hand, don't look ONLY for jobs in the motorsports industry. Branch out. That perfect job might show up after a delay . . . but you really need a job soon. So keep looking for the motorsports job but also check out related fields, such as hospitality industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte