U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 03:42 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,459,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtocharlottesummer09 View Post
WOW! Celadon is exactly what I'm looking for aesthetically, plus gas cooktops, tankless hotwater heaters, etc. It looks like it's also on a wooded trail system leading into the city. I also found a site with pictures of their interiors: www.tourceladon.com
Glad I could help. I hadn't looked on their website in a while until I went to go verify I had the right url to post here and I think it said they only have a couple of units left.

On that note, we loved the design but decided to pass on them when we were first looking at homes in Charlotte because the area was not what we were looking for. Our impression was that the people who buy there will be "urban pioneers" of a sort. It may be a good investment being in one of the early developments in neighborhood that has the potential to undergo some significant urban renewal, but this development does stand out in its neighborhood. Its in Wesley Heights (between Morehead Street and the 4th Street Extension) - so someone with a better knowledge of the city can probably give you the run down on that area - we pretty much based our opinion on what we saw driving around, as opposed to doing a significant amount of research - it just didn't feel like the right neighborhood for us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 04:06 PM

983 posts, read 2,171,438 times
Does anyone know how much these are going for? how much is the HOA? thanks

Old 02-11-2009, 08:46 PM

10 posts, read 26,232 times
Default Celadon

I've spoken with the developer, and units are $315K-$475k. He said the more expensive ones face the greenway and have a great view of wooded/forested land, are 3br/3.5 baths and about 2,000 sq. ft. They are the ones shown at www.tourceladon.com He said they have one of these left. The smaller ~1,400 sq. ft. units are 2br/2.5 baths, and one of these has a downtown view-the garages on these are a little bigger, and the extra parking space is fully covered rather than partially (all units have an enclosed 1-car garage). HOA dues average $150/month depending on size of unit. He said the units are Energy Star certified and LEED certification is forthcoming. The eneryg star rating has an automatic 5% reduction in electricity rates apparently. He's sending me the energy information from the 3rd party energy rater who inspected the condos for Energy Star--apparently the total energy savings is 30-40% due to the insulation, etc. Looking forward to checking them out.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:54 PM

983 posts, read 2,171,438 times
Quote:
I've spoken with the developer, and units are $315K-$475k. He said the more expensive ones face the greenway and have a great view of wooded/forested land, are 3br/3.5 baths and about 2,000 sq. ft. They are the ones shown at www.tourceladon.com He said they have one of these left. The smaller ~1,400 sq. ft. units are 2br/2.5 baths, and one of these has a downtown view-the garages on these are a little bigger, and the extra parking space is fully covered rather than partially (all units have an enclosed 1-car garage). HOA dues average $150/month depending on size of unit. He said the units are Energy Star certified and LEED certification is forthcoming. The eneryg star rating has an automatic 5% reduction in electricity rates apparently. He's sending me the energy information from the 3rd party energy rater who inspected the condos for Energy Star--apparently the total energy savings is 30-40% due to the insulation, etc. Looking forward to checking them out.
Thank you, this is great informtion. I might go check them out this weekend. I'm not looking for condos, but they look really good in the photos that I want to go see them.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:32 AM

5 posts, read 7,110 times
Default moving to Charlotte summer '09 too!

Good luck w/ your move & home search! I'm planning to move there from the West Palm Beach area in June. I can't wait!

Old 05-08-2009, 02:11 PM

10 posts, read 26,232 times
Just bought a condo at Celadon! After looking at Southborough, Met Terraces, Met Lofts, Avenue, Trademark, and even the Vue, I couldn't find anything that even came close in terms of modern architecture, and nothing at all that was green. I even had my realtor show me a condo at the Trust, and the finishes and features at Celadon were comparable--dual flush toilets, high-end appliances, solid core doors, etc. etc., for less than half the price.

While I was in the process of buying, I got to meet the builder and a lot of the other owners. Very diverse and interesting neighbors. Looking forward to moving.

There was an article in today's Charlotte Business Journal about the developers and the project, and how the green features contributed to their sell-through.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:42 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,319,180 times
Quote:
Just bought a condo at Celadon! After looking at Southborough, Met Terraces, Met Lofts, Avenue, Trademark, and even the Vue, I couldn't find anything that even came close in terms of modern architecture, and nothing at all that was green. I even had my realtor show me a condo at the Trust, and the finishes and features at Celadon were comparable--dual flush toilets, high-end appliances, solid core doors, etc. etc., for less than half the price.

While I was in the process of buying, I got to meet the builder and a lot of the other owners. Very diverse and interesting neighbors. Looking forward to moving.

There was an article in today's Charlotte Business Journal about the developers and the project, and how the green features contributed to their sell-through.
Thanks for coming back to let us know! And congrats on the new home
I love that old neigborhood and the way it's being regentrified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte