Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 02:56 PM

28 posts, read 84,149 times

Advertisements

]Can anyone recommend a veterinarian to clean my cats‘ teeth for less than $444.00? I took her to the vet yesterday and was advised to get her teeth cleaned to avoid any future problems. I understand that this is important but can not afford their fees. She has nothing major wrong, only needs the tartar cleaned off her teeth. We live in the Steele Creeke area but will travel to a reliable, safe vet in the Charlotte or South Carolina York Co. area. Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 04:24 PM

494 posts, read 1,342,058 times
We go to Weddington Animal Hospital and they are great. We moved to them because the prices are MUCH more reasonable than other places that we have been...not to mention that the Vets/Office Staff are amazing.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:30 AM

693 posts, read 2,166,479 times
Snazy, I was a feline only vet tech in Florida we charged about $150-$200 depending on whether extractions needed to be done and how much gas we had to administer.

I too was quoted almost $500 here in Charlotte(ridiculous!!!) for my cat's dental prophylaxis, and decided it was cheaper to go home for a visit and let my old boss do it. Remember the larger and high tech the hospital, the higher THEIR overhead...so that cost gets passed down to client's. I usually recommend going to a small practice, and should have followed my own advice.

What I would suggest to you, is to call around and get an average. Tell your doctor what you found out, if s/he is unwilling to negotiate...you can than make an informed decision.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:15 PM

110 posts, read 374,184 times
You can try Long Animal Hospital on South Blvd. They are very nice and I really like the service they offer and prices are the best I have found for my dogs.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:12 AM

518 posts, read 2,053,786 times
If you are not a current client, most vets will require you to come in for an (oral/well) exam by the Dr, that fee at my vet is $55. They do this for dogs and cats to make sure there are no underlying health concerns because of the use of anethesia (heart murmurs for example). I think my vet is between $150-$300 on an average. They are in the Mallard Creek area of North Charlotte (Mallard Creek Animal Hospital)

Old 06-07-2017, 06:25 PM

2 posts, read 1,533 times
I am updating this very old thread in case someone like me googles 'veterinary dental charlotte' in search of reasonable prices and good service, and finds this thread.

Check out Faulkner Animal Hospital in Lancaster, SC. It's an hour drive from Charlotte but a dental with extractions, bloodwork, painkillers, antibiotics and an exam cost me less than $400. In the city, I was given estimates from $1000 to $1700. They do excellent work.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:56 AM

645 posts, read 1,058,340 times
For that kind of money, you could buy a couple of new cats. Why not get braces for your cats too?

A compulsion to get your cat's teeth cleaned is nature's way of telling you that you make too much money.

Old 06-08-2017, 07:01 PM

607 posts, read 543,325 times
You might need to bite the bullet to get the cat's teeth cleaned this time.

For the future however, you can completely 100% avoid the need to have the cat's teeth cleaned by simply feeding them the diet they're supposed to eat...meat.

Most cat food, esp dry food, is corn, carrot, wheat or some other grain mixed with a little bit of meat. A cat's diet, unlike a dog's, is just meat. Bacteria can easily break down these simple fillers and erode your pet's teeth. Meat is far more complex and is very slow/difficult to break down by bacteria and thus doesn't effect teeth substantially.

Furthermore, a 90+% meat diet will help them maintain weight/energy and limit vet bills as your cat ages as excess weight and lack of exercise...like in humans...lead to medical issues and an early death.

Old 06-25-2017, 08:52 PM

2 posts, read 1,641 times
I'd like to bump this thread. In Virginia they charge under 200 for this without extractions. I really want to find someone reasonable.

Old 06-26-2017, 06:00 AM

645 posts, read 1,058,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by venustar7 View Post
I'd like to bump this thread. In Virginia they charge under 200 for this without extractions. I really want to find someone reasonable.
Do they sedate the animal or strap it down? I just can't imagine a cat submitting to such a procedure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte