U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2009, 05:11 PM

55 posts, read 166,476 times

Advertisements

Hubby and I are looking in this general idea for a home between $150 and $170. What are some nice neighborhoods around in this area? We think Wellington might be nice, because of the mature landscaping, though the homes are older. We are looking for a decent sized (doesn't need to be huge) house with somewhat of a yard for our dogs. We also want a safe neighborhood and not one that's real "cookie cutter." Any suggestions for us??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 05:49 PM

1,894 posts, read 5,718,278 times
We liked Wellington very much back when we were on the hunt this time last year. We just couldn't find something in our range at the time (pre-doomsday economy). I'd be surprised if you couldn't find many options in there for that range now. We looked seriously at a house in there in our range, but backed off because of needed maintenance to the house and the sellers not willing to do any of it (new roof, paint job, etc.). In my opinion, a mature landscape far outweighs some normal maintenance on the house...so as long as the house hasn't been beaten to death, don't automatically discount an "older" home. Most in there are only 15-20 years old. Not bad if you ask me. In my opinion, they got in right before new construction became so crappy.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:20 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,449,453 times
IMO, Wellington is indeed a nice community - as are Winchester and Prosperity Point.
Good luck.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:03 PM

2,341 posts, read 4,040,829 times
Davis Lake, Cheshunt(maybe), Brownesferry(maybe), I though Wellington looked a bit "dated". Maybe it was the siding on some of the houses.

These neighborhoods are a little newer. From a maint point of view, the look better to me.
Forestview,Glenview,Hubbard Woods,Kelsey Glenn,

Old 02-11-2009, 08:17 AM

327 posts, read 1,056,230 times
We loved Wellington, but just couldn't find something that we liked at the time. Winchester is another option, although it may be a little more pricey. I think you should take a look at my 'hood, Turnberry, on Ridge Road. I know of at least 3 houses for sale in the neighborhood. Its quieter, easier access of Ridge Rd. than Prosperity Church, lots have trees and decent sized yards. Schools system, if it matters, is Highland Creek Elementary, not sure about middle now, but will be the new HC Middle School currently under construction, and the relatively new Mallard Creek HS. Take a look!

Old 02-11-2009, 05:22 PM

55 posts, read 166,476 times
Thanks for the info.! I'm not looking to cross Mallard creek Rd. over Harris towards Sugar Creek. We'd like to steer clear of that area.

LBIkid, how do I get to that neighborhood? Thanks!

Old 02-12-2009, 07:00 AM

327 posts, read 1,056,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacherchick24 View Post
Thanks for the info.! I'm not looking to cross Mallard creek Rd. over Harris towards Sugar Creek. We'd like to steer clear of that area.

LBIkid, how do I get to that neighborhood? Thanks!
Head out Prosperity Church Road past Wellington and others. Go straight thru the light at Dearmon (Bi-Lo on right) and make a right onto Ridge Road at the BP Station. Ridge Road is only about 1 mile past Wellington. While on Ridge, pass Highland Creek on your left, Turnberry is the next left. I think there is currently a ranch, a 3BR colonial and a 4BR house with master down in the neighborhood - kind of something for everyone. There are also several other neighborhoods along Ridge Road that might be worth checking out, but a word of caution - the last section of I-485 is slated to go in about 1 mile south of Ridge Road, so the houses on the right side (south) of Ridge may end up being close to the highway (in 8 or 10 years).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or