U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 07:26 AM

14,115 posts, read 20,818,955 times

Advertisements

LOL you probably bought my house that I pulled out on. My house was in the Mayfield section in the back. When I was standing on my property, that train was crystal clear and very loud.

I personally didn't want to hear/deal the train nor deal with the shady neighborhood less than two miles away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2009, 07:43 AM

46 posts, read 101,789 times
Nope didnt purchase urs.

Ur entitled to choose where u want to live. I just wanted to give accurate info abt the train from someone that actually lives there...thats all.

Old 01-30-2009, 07:48 AM

And I wanted to give accurate info so they know there is a train is even there.

Old 01-30-2009, 08:05 AM

Yes a train track is there! Thats not the issue; the issue is does it sound like it's running through ur back yard at ur bedroom window or does it sound like a distant noise that u commonly hear in many areas of any city. But again you dont live there! I do! I think a person building or even thinking about building a home in Woodbury (or any neighborhood) would appreciate the input of someone who ACTUALLY LIVES in the neighborhood more than from someone who heard a train once while standing outside. Of course the train is going to be louder if you're standing outside. Duh? Im giving insight to daily life in Woodbury. The fact of the matter is...if you're inside ur home (which I think most people would be more concerned about) you can barely hear the train.

Can anybody else that ACTUALLY LIVES in Woodbury attest to this?

Old 01-30-2009, 10:35 AM

22 posts, read 41,341 times
We lived in a Centex home at one point and while I love their floorplans and good use of space, I saw many problems that weren't done right the first time. BUT it doesn't mean that they didn't come and fix the problem. They did come and fix the floors that were warped probably b/c they were put in in winter and were exposed to the wet air/temps at that time.

Old 01-30-2009, 11:12 AM

Why are you getting so angry over my posts?? Take a chill pill, its Friday

Old 01-30-2009, 12:07 PM

It's not anger, it's a strong opinion that you're reading. Dont misinterpret my posts.

But you REALLY should stop giving people false impressions about a neighborhood you dont even live in. What you're saying about the train simply isnt true. And I think you can appreciate that coming from a person who resides at the place that your talking about. Im sure you would be quick to correct someone posting false info about your neighborhood too. So Im sure you understand. ;-)

And believe me...I couldnt be more excited about it being Friday...no chill pill needed here!

Old 01-30-2009, 12:58 PM

Telling someone that a train runs in front of the community is a false impression?? I think you need to re read your last post. It's a just plain stated fact.

Also I guess the fact that two robberies that ended in MURDER less than two miles from the community is also a false impression as well??? You should have seen the deer in the headlights look on the office people when I told them why I was cancelling my contract and demanded my money back.

FYI, just because you "can't" hear the train in your house, doesn't mean that someone else with more sensitive hearing/sleeping patterns won't. I was standing in the back of the neighborhood on MY future property on my cellphone when the train blasted its horn. The person on the other end of the phone said "OMG WTF is that????" knowing my past experiences with trains. I even called all over the state of NC to find out who owns those lines and what times they run. I even knocked on the neighbors doors right outside the community and spoke with both of them. Do you really think a woodframed house is really going to make that big of a noise cushion against that? I don't think so and can speak from past expierences, it doesn't.

I'm glad you enjoy Woodbury. I'm really glad I didn't purchase there for my sanity and my future resale value.

Enjoy your weekend.

Old 01-30-2009, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Telling someone that a train runs in front of the community is a false impression?? I think you need to re read your last post. It's a just plain stated fact.

Also I guess the fact that two robberies that ended in MURDER less than two miles from the community is also a false impression as well??? You should have seen the deer in the headlights look on the office people when I told them why I was cancelling my contract and demanded my money back.

FYI, just because you "can't" hear the train in your house, doesn't mean that someone else with more sensitive hearing/sleeping patterns won't. I was standing in the back of the neighborhood on MY future property on my cellphone when the train blasted its horn. The person on the other end of the phone said "OMG WTF is that????" knowing my past experiences with trains. I even called all over the state of NC to find out who owns those lines and what times they run. I even knocked on the neighbors doors right outside the community and spoke with both of them. Do you really think a woodframed house is really going to make that big of a noise cushion against that? I don't think so and can speak from past expierences, it doesn't.

I'm glad you enjoy Woodbury. I'm really glad I didn't purchase there for my sanity and my future resale value.

Enjoy your weekend.

LOL...Im glad u didnt either! Now look who needs to take a chill pill.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:23 PM

2 posts, read 4,856 times
I live in Woodbury and I have not heard the train horn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte