U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 05:53 PM

620 posts, read 1,918,569 times

Advertisements

I always thought a Friendly's would do well in South Charlotte/Ballantyne/Blakeney area. It's a nice place for families and they have great desserts/ice-cream. The only Friendly's in NC is in Huntersville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 06:05 PM

7,105 posts, read 9,702,267 times
Default Stores that don't exist in Charlotte

I've rack my brains all day long on the answer to this question. In today's troubled times and severe competion I would be inclined to provide a product that one would have to drive at least 50 miles in order to obtain so my answer is:
A store that specializes in PLETHYSMOGRAPHS. Now admittingly this is not something you need every day. But, when you need one...who you gonna call in the Charlotte area? C'mon now, I'm sure you know there's very little competion and certaintly no stores selling this product with-in miles of uptown Charlotte.

I'd appreciate it if noone on this board steals my idea and if anyone would be interested in expanded on it pls contact me.

letsseeifthisoneflies. towhereyoumightask?

Old 02-12-2009, 06:22 PM

285 posts, read 711,900 times
I love friendly's

Old 04-03-2009, 11:36 AM

4,222 posts, read 6,711,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxmike View Post
I always thought a Friendly's would do well in South Charlotte/Ballantyne/Blakeney area. It's a nice place for families and they have great desserts/ice-cream. The only Friendly's in NC is in Huntersville.
The thing that I liked about Friendly's was the descent size portions and the complimentary ice cream sunday that came with the meal. Other than that, just another pretty descent chain, but the prices are what would bring people back. Ate at one in Boston several times last summer. They would have a great after party hours crowd if they opened uptown. God help the waitresses though.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:44 AM

4,280 posts, read 10,036,033 times
Quote:
In a similar vein that is why I think the new Chili's at the Arboretum is doing well. There was pent up demand for a full service restaurant with a varied menu.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:38 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,604,507 times
A Krystals! I hate that the nearest one is 2+ hours away.

For personal, fat kid reasons..a Moe's.

And for snobby foodie reasons, a Whole Foods.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:52 PM

655 posts, read 2,096,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator803 View Post
I'm curious - given current economic conditions and places closing, what would you do if you were looking to invest in a franchise (I guess it doesn't HAVE to be a franchise) and own your own business, what would you do? What if money wasn't an issue, you had plenty to start the business you want? And to fend off the "I'd sit on the sidelines, hold on to my money and do nothing" answers I know some of you are thinking, what if you HAD to start a business?

In particular, I'm thinking of far south Charlotte and Union County - Blakeney, Stonecrest, McKee Farms, etc - what would you open that you think would be successful?
Older topic, but I must've missed it the first go 'round.

I would either do a coffee shop, distillery, or a combination of the two. I love my coffee and I love my whiskey. Take either away, and I'm not a happy camper. To me, there is nothing that beats sitting down to a great conversation with a cup of Kona or glass of bourbon (or scotch for that matter).

Say, I could call it the Pot 'n' Perk!

I could also learn to masterfully craft a new bourbon! I'd call it "the Charlotton".

Last edited by Art1979; 04-03-2009 at 05:07 PM.. Reason: I couldn't help but add the last bit.

Old 04-03-2009, 07:59 PM

3,424 posts, read 9,230,722 times
Quote:
The only Friendly's in NC is in Huntersville.
The other one USED to be in Asheboro. I could never figure out what on earth posessed them to put one there (maybe they thought they could draw traffic from the zoo).

Old 04-03-2009, 08:37 PM

7,181 posts, read 11,200,771 times
I have an idea for a business that would cater to the locals and be a real draw to the inbound neighbors from the north. I have some of this sketched out, but it's still a rough idea that needs alot more research and some solid investors. We'll see if it pans out one day.

Old 05-06-2009, 03:27 AM

14,115 posts, read 20,826,585 times
Someone beat me to it!!!!!! Dennys opening in front of Concord Mills where Roadhouse used to be..@#!@###@@!@@#@!@!#!!@#@###!!@@##@@!!!!@#@!! (please insert proper wording there) FML
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or