U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2009, 10:13 AM

159 posts, read 455,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
How many times does one have to say this?

The real estate market here is not CRASHING. Real estate sales have slowed down (here, as elsewhere) for many reasons.

1. those subprime and Alt-A loans are no longer being given out like candy.
2. people from the NE can't sell their homes and cash out and come to CLT and buy a new house as they have been doing for the past five years.
3. people who don't HAVE to sell are just testing the water (by listing their homes) to see if some fool will come buy their house at an inflated price (thus, long days on market)
4. foreclosures are going on all over the nation; Charlotte is not immune
5. qualified buyers are reading posts like this one and getting the bejeebers scared out of them, b/c they are so worried housing prices will fall yet more, wh/ probably will happen, if everyone keeps hesitating and inventory stays high
6. Interest rates are going to go up, so even if qualified buyers wait for prices to drop, it is still gonna cost just the same to finance the purchase of a home - and some people have figured that out - and some WILL figure it out in the next few months (and thus, buy a home here)
7. Buyers who have the ca$h and can get a loan are still in the absurd mindset that they don't want an inventory house - and there are builders out there perpetuating the problem by continuing to build

So why are we still debating what is going on? It is clear what is going on. It is no mystery and Charlotte's situation is no worse - and indeed, may be better - than that of many other areas of the nation.

Good luck with that.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:07 AM

7,109 posts, read 9,733,988 times
[quote=massageman;7483998]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482 View Post
Great. Thank you for the offer to do something I don't have time for.
Thanks for the offer BTW

John

It's funny that you say you have no time when you obviously spend many, many hours on this site alone. Between reading things to comment on and writing your posts, you have tons of time! Looking at your profile, you didn't start to comment regularly until when, Dec of 07 and in that 14 month time you've done way over 1,200 posts? WOW! 1,200 posts in just 14 months? I'd say you have toooo much time!
So you're interested in adding caki to this thread also I see. Must have one of those fetishes that I am not aware of. Since you have the time to be clocking me let me give you a few other details that might be part of your fantasy: I use purple colored condoms. I generally only wear women's undergarments on MLK Day. I move my bowels regularily especially when I read posts such as the one you just posted.

What else would you like to know? BTW There will be a small charge you will need to pay for your internet voyeurism as I'm not here to amuse you for free.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:25 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,160,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Ani, you said it - wish we could just close the thread now - like they say in the cop shows, NOTHING ELSE TO SEE HERE FOLKS - MOVE ALONG...

You've summed it up nicely - end of story as far as I'm concerned. I won't be posting here anymore.
Thanks, Loves. And I agree - no reason to keep posting here.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:28 AM

1,907 posts, read 4,453,374 times
[color=darkred]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johne482;7488230So you're interested in adding caki to this thread also I see. Must have one of those fetishes that I am not aware of. Since you have the time to be clocking me let me give you a few other details that might be part of your fantasy: I use purple colored condoms. I generally only wear women's undergarments on MLK Day. I move my bowels regularily especially when I read posts such as the one you just posted.[/COLOR

What else would you like to know? BTW There will be a small charge you will need to pay for your internet voyeurism as I'm not here to amuse you for free.

John,
Why is it that anytime someone calls you on something and you can't make them go away by insulting them, you bring up caki , a sexual
fantasy, or her panties? Or, in this case all of the above! Oh yeah, It's your sense of humor and we just don't get it!! Like your the only one on this forum who has one.
You really should stop this. Your not that funny. JMHO

Old 02-16-2009, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post

John,
Why is it that anytime someone calls you on something and you can't make them go away by insulting them, you bring up caki , a sexual
fantasy, or her panties? Or, in this case all of the above! Oh yeah, It's your sense of humor and we just don't get it!! Like your the only one on this forum who has one.
You really should stop this. Your not that funny. JMHO
Glad it's just your opinion. Got it.Now as far as "you really should stop this" well I think you are too young to be my Mama. And as far as 'I'm not funny" I TOTALLY agree with you.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:54 AM

11 posts, read 13,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Ani, you said it - wish we could just close the thread now - like they say in the cop shows, NOTHING ELSE TO SEE HERE FOLKS - MOVE ALONG...

You've summed it up nicely - end of story as far as I'm concerned. I won't be posting here anymore.
Close the thread?

Why on earth would you want to do that? This thread is really just getting started.

Of all the indications that I have ever found in life that I am providing information that is accurate and worrisome to some folks, the "shut him up quick" indication is the one that I find to be the surest.

If there was no story here - if there was no truth in what I posted - if, in fact, a substantial number of posters in this thread were not primarily concerned with how a slowing housing market affects their bottom line -

then why on earth would there be 12 pages of responses?
Why would people call me retarded? And ignorant?
Why would somebody be posting in all bold? Calling for the thread to be locked and censored to completely shut off debate?

Hmm?

To all you young folks out there who may be thinking about buying, think about those questions.

Think about this one as well:

In addition to being called a retard and ignorant, I've also now been accused by at least 3 people of "having an agenda."

Ok.

What is it?

I haven't even read one suggestion.

What "agenda" could I possibly have?

Old 02-16-2009, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMar View Post
Close the thread?

Why on earth would you want to do that? This thread is really just getting started.

Of all the indications that I have ever found in life that I am providing information that is accurate and worrisome to some folks, the "shut him up quick" indication is the one that I find to be the surest.

If there was no story here - if there was no truth in what I posted - if, in fact, a substantial number of posters in this thread were not primarily concerned with how a slowing housing market affects their bottom line -

then why on earth would there be 12 pages of responses?
Why would people call me retarded? And ignorant?
Why would somebody be posting in all bold? Calling for the thread to be locked and censored to completely shut off debate?

Hmm?

To all you young folks out there who may be thinking about buying, think about those questions.

Think about this one as well:

In addition to being called a retard and ignorant, I've also now been accused by at least 3 people of "having an agenda."

Ok.

What is it?

I haven't even read one suggestion.

What "agenda" could I possibly have?
Excellent post. Now where do we go from here? Remember you opened the thread. You made a statement that quite a few people disagree with. Several people (me included) asked for your agenda in this since it was a neg. for home ownership and value.

For starters I have no interest in your agenda any longer as I have formed my own thoughts on your M.O. I believe Loves asked to put a lid on it because she was bored with it and you. Of course she has no auth. to close it she can only suggest.

So, in summary, I'll ask you, where do we go from here? Example:if noone posted any further to this thread what would you think? What action would you take? Share with us what you would like to do with this thread YOU started

Last edited by pink caddy; 02-16-2009 at 12:08 PM.. Reason: sp

Old 02-16-2009, 01:30 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,671,484 times
TEAM johne482

Old 02-16-2009, 01:36 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,596,356 times
We may attack ideas (politely) but we do not attack the speaker of the idea. Be careful with your words, there is a point where being direct crosses a line into blunt, in-your-face hostility. Please, report bad posts instead of engaging in flame wars on the boards. Insulting another member or a moderator will not be tolerated anywhere on this website.

Old 02-16-2009, 06:28 PM

7,041 posts, read 13,128,329 times
Sunny, can you go ahead and close this thread? It really has lost any possible usefulness...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or