U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 02-13-2009, 03:39 PM

646 posts, read 954,097 times
Default Consignment shops in Monroe or Indian Trail

Does anyone know of a consignment shop in Monroe or Indian Trail for children's clothing? I have a friend that has a ton of stuff to sell, she has 4 kids.
Quick reply to this message

Unread 02-13-2009, 05:03 PM

42,303 posts, read 49,185,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebalogas View Post
Does anyone know of a consignment shop in Monroe or Indian Trail for children's clothing? I have a friend that has a ton of stuff to sell, she has 4 kids.
The closest one I know of is in Matthews on Indpendence at Sam Newell Rd - Consignment 1st:

Consignment 1st (http://www.consignment1st.com/locations.asp - broken link)

Unread 02-13-2009, 05:13 PM

1,312 posts, read 2,820,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
The closest one I know of is in Matthews on Indpendence at Sam Newell Rd - Consignment 1st:

Consignment 1st (http://www.consignment1st.com/locations.asp - broken link)
Actually, Loves, Consignment 1st is just furniture and decor, as far as I can tell. Is it possible you're thinking of Once Upon a Child, which is also on Independence? That's about the only one I can think of on that side of the city closest to Monroe.

Unread 02-13-2009, 05:23 PM

298 posts, read 444,436 times
There is As We Grow on Independence/74 in Indian Trail - just down from the new Lowe's. There is also one in Indian Trail in the shopping center on the corner of Monroe Rd and Waxhaw Indian Trail near the Bruesters and Food Lion. I think that one is called Kids As They Grow.

Unread 02-13-2009, 05:51 PM

42,303 posts, read 49,185,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead1 View Post
Actually, Loves, Consignment 1st is just furniture and decor, as far as I can tell. Is it possible you're thinking of Once Upon a Child, which is also on Independence? That's about the only one I can think of on that side of the city closest to Monroe.
Thanks for the correction! I did not know they only did furniture!

And yes, now I am thinking I was confusing it with Once Upon a Child

Unread 02-13-2009, 06:32 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,285,558 times
There's one in downtown Matthews but I can't remember the name. It backs up to the farmers' market. There's also one beside Couicks Marine Shop, on Hwy 16 right before you get into the downtown area of Waxhaw. I'm lousy with names...sorry.

Unread 02-13-2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
There's one in downtown Matthews but I can't remember the name. It backs up to the farmers' market. There's also one beside Couicks Marine Shop, on Hwy 16 right before you get into the downtown area of Waxhaw. I'm lousy with names...sorry.
The one in Matthews is Karousel Kids, I think. You can see it from John St.
I can't remember the name of the one in Waxhaw, either.
Also in Matthews is another that I can't remember the name. It's just north of 51 on Monroe Rd, on the west side of the street. They often have strollers, etc., outside on the sidewalk. Will post back if I remember the name.

Unread 02-13-2009, 07:21 PM

298 posts, read 444,436 times
If it is the same one you are thinking of, the one in Waxhaw is Here We Grow Again.

Unread 02-13-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catonc View Post
If it is the same one you are thinking of, the one in Waxhaw is Here We Grow Again.
THAT'S IT!!

Unread 02-14-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead1 View Post
The one in Matthews is Karousel Kids, I think. You can see it from John St.
I can't remember the name of the one in Waxhaw, either.
Also in Matthews is another that I can't remember the name. It's just north of 51 on Monroe Rd, on the west side of the street. They often have strollers, etc., outside on the sidewalk. Will post back if I remember the name.
Went by today, and the place on Monroe Rd. is called Kids at Heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte