U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-02-2008, 09:51 PM
 
Location: Noth Caccalacca
5,554 posts, read 6,668,458 times
Reputation: 4837

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Oh, don't worry, NKJ . . . sounds like discussing this builder's lousy practices is definitely on topic for a crime-in-charlotte thread!!!!
ani - This is the new "two for the price of one" thread- KB homes, crime and fraud. This thread could end up with more words in it than "War and Peace" and "The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire" combined. Poor SunnyK is going to need an assistant!

 
Old 01-02-2008, 10:05 PM
 
Location: Steele Creek area, Charlotte
672 posts, read 1,646,281 times
Reputation: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
ani - This is the new "two for the price of one" thread- KB homes, crime and fraud. This thread could end up with more words in it than "War and Peace" and "The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire" combined. Poor SunnyK is going to need an assistant!
I will gladly start a new KB home thread, in the meantime, let's get back to our crime discussion...
 
Old 01-02-2008, 10:07 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,270 posts, read 88,302,020 times
Reputation: 39844
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
ani - This is the new "two for the price of one" thread- KB homes, crime and fraud. This thread could end up with more words in it than "War and Peace" and "The Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire" combined. Poor SunnyK is going to need an assistant!
I think she will be pleasantly surprised to see how civil the conversation has remained

Okay, to recap...

I think we all agree there is crime in Charlotte.

I think we all agree not all of Charlotte is riddled with crime.

I think we all agree that while there are many places in Charlotte who have never experienced the crime spike nkjaws neighborhood is experiencing, her problem is real.

And finally, I think we have identified the main reason for the problem nkjaws is experiencing in her section of Steele Creek - subprime fallout and foreclosures too near her very nice neighborhood.

Did I forget anything???
 
Old 01-02-2008, 10:10 PM
 
Location: Steele Creek area, Charlotte
672 posts, read 1,646,281 times
Reputation: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I think she will be pleasantly surprised to see how civil the conversation has remained

Okay, to recap...

I think we all agree there is crime in Charlotte.

I think we all agree not all of Charlotte is riddled with crime.

I think we all agree that while there are many places in Charlotte who have never experienced the crime spike nkjaws neighborhood is experiencing, her problem is real.

And finally, I think we have identified the main reason for the problem nkjaws is experiencing in her section of Steele Creek - subprime fallout and foreclosures too near her very nice neighborhood.

Did I forget anything???
Nope, you couldn't have said it better! Crime is real in Steele Creek. For any one who has any other comments about KB Homes here is that new thread:
How do we feel about KB Homes in Charlotte?. Now back to crime...
 
Old 01-02-2008, 10:20 PM
 
379 posts, read 502,829 times
Reputation: 69
Ok, crime in Charlotte? An email was sent out to our neighborhood today about an attempted kidnapping and shooting in ballantyne country club.
 
Old 01-02-2008, 10:22 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,009,663 times
Reputation: 22370
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkjaws View Post
Nope, you couldn't have said it better! Crime is real in Steele Creek. For any one who has any other comments about KB Homes here is that new thread:
How do we feel about KB Homes in Charlotte?. Now back to crime...
<yawn> I think I am gonna stumble downstairs, make sure the alarm is on and have a cup of hot tea . . . then turn in.

Emissary: This has become quite the tome, as it were. And yes, we do seem to require a lot from Sunny. I notice he closed down a thread this evening (well - locked it).

All this crime talk . . . I keep peaking out my windows to make sure no strange cars hanging around.

Let's see . . . Check list: alarm, dog, S & W loaded, perimeter lights on . . . cell phone pre-programmed to 911 . . . keys ready to press panic button on car . . .

This staying safe stuff takes some time . . .
 
Old 01-02-2008, 10:32 PM
 
Location: Trinity Florida
7,928 posts, read 17,755,673 times
Reputation: 1992
burgi I had heard the providence country club, the entrances was where the near abduction as well as a shooting in there last week I believe.. and Ive heard serveral versions of the story so I .hope this isnt off topic if it is im appoligizing dont want to get into trouble...and yes dh and I heard banging at our door the other night at 2am...but no one was there
 
Old 01-02-2008, 10:35 PM
 
Location: Noth Caccalacca
5,554 posts, read 6,668,458 times
Reputation: 4837
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
<yawn> I think I am gonna stumble downstairs, make sure the alarm is on and have a cup of hot tea . . . then turn in.

Emissary: This has become quite the tome, as it were. And yes, we do seem to require a lot from Sunny. I notice he closed down a thread this evening (well - locked it).

All this crime talk . . . I keep peaking out my windows to make sure no strange cars hanging around.

Let's see . . . Check list: alarm, dog, S & W loaded, perimeter lights on . . . cell phone pre-programmed to 911 . . . keys ready to press panic button on car . . .

This staying safe stuff takes some time . . .
ani - I'm making coffee and tonight is garbage night and I don't feel like going out in the cold so I'm going to bed earlier tonight so I can get the garbage out before the truck comes. Retirement is hard, but someone has to do it!
 
Old 01-02-2008, 10:46 PM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,974 posts, read 58,475,137 times
Reputation: 14917
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
ani - I'm making coffee and tonight is garbage night and I don't feel like going out in the cold so I'm going to bed earlier tonight so I can get the garbage out before the truck comes. Retirement is hard, but someone has to do it!
I rolled out my over flowing garbage Monday night and it was windy on Tuesday before the garbage man came. I noticed down the cul ve sac this trail of trash and I went to pick it up. It was various items that had my name and of course credit card offers. I generally run things like this through the shredder but I have been slacking due to all the Christmas junk mail.

I trust my neighbors so there is no worry there but the thought of that getting in wrong hands made me tear them up as I put them in the can.
I remember a news report awhile back that organize criminals would pay bums to sift thru trash rolled out to the street.
__________________
[B][COLOR=DarkOrchid]Im the moderator for
[/COLOR][/B][URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/north-carolina/"]North Carolina main forum[/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/greensboro-winston-salem-high-point/"]Triad [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/coastal-north-carolina/"]Coastal [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/western-north-carolina/"]Western [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/charlotte/"]Charlotte [/URL]
[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forum/york-lancaster-counties/"]York & Lancaster[/URL]

[URL="http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html"]Terms of Service. No advertising, no copyrighted material, no personal attacks[/URL]
 
Old 01-02-2008, 11:02 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,885 posts, read 67,009,663 times
Reputation: 22370
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
ani - I'm making coffee and tonight is garbage night and I don't feel like going out in the cold so I'm going to bed earlier tonight so I can get the garbage out before the truck comes. Retirement is hard, but someone has to do it!
Did you read Sunny's post? Maybe just as well you are not rolling that can out tonite! brrrrrrrrrr - it has finally turned cold here.

Sunny: you slacked on the shredding? Tsk Tsk. Here we are talking about crime and you are trying to give your identity away on the street!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:50 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top