Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 12:26 PM

5 posts, read 23,407 times

Advertisements

Hey,
I am moving to Charlotte in the next 6 months. Can you tell me which part of the city is the best. I heard University City was a good spot for a middle class family.

Old 03-17-2007, 12:28 PM

5 posts, read 23,407 times
Oh yeah Can anyone comment on the parts of the city with the best schools? I ahve a 4 and a 6 year old. I think I am going to rent first before buyoing until I can check everything out.

Old 03-17-2007, 06:08 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggz View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Hearing this tells me for one that I will need to garage my vehicle at night. So I'd need to find an apartment with a garage. Are auto insurance rates climbing? Could anyone tell me what full coverage on a benz or bmw is costing?
For the last 6 years I have lived in a home WITHOUT a garage and have yet to be concerned in any way about my new car (3 years old now). The worst thing that has ever happened to it was the way it gets coated in thick yellow pollen every April I think you may be being a bit of an alarmist.

Old 03-18-2007, 12:34 AM

1,502 posts, read 4,083,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
What about exit 23? Do you feel like it's unsafe?

What is up with the NE corner off of exit 28? I feel unsafe on that corner. I would never get gas at that gas station ever! Does anyone know anything about that? It looks like a stop and cop to me. I don't see that anywhere else in Cornelius, I wouldn't have a problem moving on the west side of 77 and at least a mile past that corner it's pretty scary. They have a nice subdivision around there called Victoria Bay I wouldn't think of it unless they clean that corner up.
Sheena, there are two gas stations at exit 28. One being Cashions, and the other I forgot its name.

If you are traveling east on Catawba AV when you pass through the main area of Cornelius downtown with all the street lights before the police deptartment, look on your right, (south) it is "the other side of the tracks" in Cornelius. Davidson has a similar area as well.

Old 03-18-2007, 06:06 AM

233 posts, read 906,682 times
Default Unreported Crime

In my opinion, Charlotte tend to report every little movement in the city, unlike some other cities where certain crime isn't reported. What I find damaging is that out of all the crimes reported, 90% show that the crime was commited by a Black male between the ages of 14 - 40. That's an issue.

I think people who relocate think of nice weather and housing, but do not factor in the natives and their issues. Not just in Charlotte, but Atlanta too. People from the outside forget that there are other cities where people are poor, on drugs, high school drop outs, low wage earners, and just plain negative.

I feel Charlotte is such a pretty city, but the local politicians and officals appear to have given up on the natives, and are now catering to the new population. I think this is a mistake.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 03-18-2007, 08:32 AM

227 posts, read 293,018 times
Charlotte, the city the OP was asking about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muse1110 View Post
Sorry, what town are you referring to?

Old 03-18-2007, 08:36 AM

Yeah, i read you r post. And just re-read it. 1st, there is no link in your post (maybe thats where im confused), 2nd, i still dont understand why you think crime in one american city is any more senseless than another...maybe you read about some weird things happening, but they happen everywhere. Secondly, im not offended, ive only lived here for 6 months and dont have any emotional ties to this city and i could care less if you move here or not.
Quote:
Mr. Sippi Did you read my post? Or did you just get offended by the parts of the post that you wanted to pay attention to? You see that is why the crime there is senseless. Even those who think they have sense will open their mouths and blow their standing right out of the window.

Anyone who has lived in the entire world. That is " outside of a sheltered existence." Knows that robberies, murders, rapes etc are not something we see in the movies or on TV but are all so real and DEVASTATING to the victims, the families of the victims and the community at large.

If I say that I've been to many places and Crime in Charlotte is senseless and out of control. I Know what I'm talking about. Yet if I try to explain my position to some of you. You will buck, fight and resist. This is evident from some of the responses to this post.

For those of you who were victims of crime. You know the difference between those who are real and those who are in denial.

As I said before. I do like Charlotte. However I'm going to make sure that ALL OF MY BASES ARE COVERED. I will ask the tough questions that I need to have answered for me. If those questions offend you. Too bad.

Old 03-18-2007, 08:53 AM

BMW M3 2003, is $662 yr. thats for 2 people. $250 deduct and 100k/250k
Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. Hearing this tells me for one that I will need to garage my vehicle at night. So I'd need to find an apartment with a garage. Are auto insurance rates climbing? Could anyone tell me what full coverage on a benz or bmw is costing?

Old 03-18-2007, 08:56 AM

same here. Im without out a garage and hate it. Part of the price or living in an older neighborhood. We still might build a garage, but its questionable whether we can or not. I used to keep my baby (bmw) spotless but now its a daily victim of the elements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
For the last 6 years I have lived in a home WITHOUT a garage and have yet to be concerned in any way about my new car (3 years old now). The worst thing that has ever happened to it was the way it gets coated in thick yellow pollen every April I think you may be being a bit of an alarmist.

Old 03-18-2007, 06:17 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,955,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
Sheena, there are two gas stations at exit 28. One being Cashions, and the other I forgot its name.

If you are traveling east on Catawba AV when you pass through the main area of Cornelius downtown with all the street lights before the police deptartment, look on your right, (south) it is "the other side of the tracks" in Cornelius. Davidson has a similar area as well.

I get off of 77 exit 28 from exit 25 take on a right on Catawba and go down a little ways and on my left looks like a stop and cop. You are saying it is the south side of the street that is bad? or that's where this is coming from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte