U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 10:28 AM

609 posts, read 1,339,181 times

Advertisements

I love the MO MONEY TAXES commercial......Who in their right mind would go there????

First time I saw it...I thought it was fake.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 10:31 AM

634 posts, read 1,579,147 times
"This is Ron Trzcinski..."

Old 02-15-2009, 10:37 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,550 posts, read 6,763,580 times
Delano Little on WBTV and that Pat Battle look-a-like who does the sports on WSOC. That dude sometime sounds like he's bark/chirping his sports segments.

Pat Battle was just annoying, period.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:40 AM

7,439 posts, read 6,743,117 times
all the flippin' car commercials! And of course the girl from Rug & Home.

As far as personalties go...Kelly Franson on wbtv. ugh

Old 02-15-2009, 11:32 AM

51 posts, read 83,024 times
Samson's Used Cars... WHAT????

Old 02-15-2009, 11:36 AM

7,408 posts, read 4,100,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1979 View Post
Slight correction.

For the maximum annoyance impact it has to be:

"Kia of Gastonia and Kia of MAAAAWN-ROE!"

Oh yeah you nailed it Art, LOL.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:57 AM

4,622 posts, read 5,201,988 times
Any commercials featuring Billy Mays.

Brutha Fred

Old 02-15-2009, 12:22 PM

4,282 posts, read 7,165,505 times
I find the Toyota guy with the dog very annoying.
In fact I called the dealership numerous times asking what kind of dogs they sell just to aggravate them.

The Kia commercials - annoying.
'Kia of Gastonia and Kia of Mawnroo!'

There was a Nissan commercial for a few months last year where the guy said 'BAM!' 10x or so - extremely annoying.
I emailed the dealership a few times telling them their commercials were terribly annoying.

When the local news stays on (2x last month when we had a dusting of snow) and does not show TODAY or GMA, I find that very frustrating and start calling/emailing the station to complain. A dusting a snow, we got it, turn on the national news please.

On CNN the Head-On commercials are so annoying.
'Head-On, apply directly to head, apply directly to head, apply directly to head, apply directly to head.
Got it already!!

FWIW, I like the rug girl
I mentioned once to my wife that I thought the rug girl was hawt.
Now everytime the commercial comes on she throws a pillow at me.

On that vein I also like Christi Paul on CNNHN.

But the all time news hottie is Mélissa Theuriau.
When we are in France I watch her even though I only understand about half what she is saying...

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 02-15-2009 at 12:36 PM.. Reason: copyright violation

Old 02-15-2009, 02:19 PM

508 posts, read 1,286,245 times
Quote:
I find the Toyota guy with the dog very annoying.
In fact I called the dealership numerous times asking what kind of dogs they sell just to aggravate them.
The dog they call "Mr. Unbelievable", well the dog is a girl !!!!

Quote:
When the local news stays on (2x last month when we had a dusting of snow) and does not show TODAY or GMA, I find that very frustrating and start calling/emailing the station to complain. A dusting a snow, we got it, turn on the national news please.
This annoys the crap out of me also. Also, how long do they have to run the school closings, I mean it's 10am, if you don't know by now?!!?!? And when your watching HD shows, WSOC on my 57" tv is now a 19", does it have to be shrunk that much?, other stations don't shrink it that small. I think I watched WBTV because it was the largest....WCNC is still not in HD so I rarely watch that channel for news.

I think the car commercials bug me the most. There are sooooooo many of them.

I'm tired of the switch to digital TV commercials. I mean it's been going on for years now. If you aren't ready for it by now, you never will be - until it happens. I know the program ran out of money, but the government could have been better prepared for that.

On a positive note.......we rarely watch live tv, so we fast forward through the commercials. YEAH FOR MY DVR

Last edited by aquastone; 02-15-2009 at 02:29 PM..

Old 02-15-2009, 03:19 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,870,632 times
None in particular, but ALL in general!! I have to hold my remote constantly while watching TV... the show is on... can't hear.. a little louder... can't hear... a little louder... ok.... break for a commercial.. AND THE COMMERCIAL COMES ON AND IS SO DARN LOUD I QUICKLY HIT THE MUTE BUTTON... and the cycle continues!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte