U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 06:34 AM

171 posts, read 170,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY42dAy View Post
Randy Marion - the little girl needs to go. It does NOT help to have her in commercial. It just makes me cringe hearing her voice....
I never understood why the local car dealers think it's such a good idea to parade themselves, the their love interests, and their spawn in front of the camera to hawk cars. Maybe they do it to impress those in their social circles "I'm a teevee star" but it I agree it never helps to make the commercial such an annoying spectacle that no one can remember anything about the product being sold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 07:31 AM

7,399 posts, read 6,412,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaPpY42dAy View Post
I so totally agree with you completely! All the commercials in the Charlotte viewing area stink!

The ones I detest the most -
~Terry Moore Ford - and that stupid line he uses, "A man's go to do what a man's go to do." Duh!

~Randy Marion - the little girl needs to go. It does NOT help to have her in commercial. It just makes me cringe hearing her voice.

~Paramount Hyundai - Exit 113 Valdeeeezzzzzz - really? What's with the man on the ox and the whole staff raising their arms in the air to make a V? Seriously??? How lame!

I know several people who 'mute' the TV everytime these come on. I don't do that but think we need some different more professional commercials...
My better half does just that.........MUTE!

Oh and don't forget the dynamic range on the commercials :/

Old 11-21-2010, 08:29 AM

12,844 posts, read 12,488,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryTwist View Post
I never understood why the local car dealers think it's such a good idea to parade themselves, the their love interests, and their spawn in front of the camera to hawk cars. Maybe they do it to impress those in their social circles "I'm a teevee star" but it I agree it never helps to make the commercial such an annoying spectacle that no one can remember anything about the product being sold.
A lot of car dealers have always felt a need to do their own commercials. For years Johnny Carson made jokes about a Southern California dealer, Cal Worthington. Many of the car dealers in the Philly metro have done their own, with & without kids/grandkids. The thing that makes the Randy Marion spots stand out is that they tart up the little girl.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:58 AM

575 posts, read 957,049 times
How about the mumbling duo in the Brothers commercials. Doesn't the sound guy realize that they're inaudible?

Old 11-21-2010, 01:30 PM

171 posts, read 170,311 times
One of the more annoying ones on now, and it is a national commercial, is from our own Bank of America. It's the one an endless number of idiot looking smiling bubble heads yell about 3 words at you in quick succession as to why you should bank with them.

If the shameful antics of this bank were not enough reason to close out all your accounts (I already did) this commercial should be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:12 PM

1,448 posts, read 1,382,322 times
I just returned from a visit to NY, and it dawned on me what local commercials we're missing here in Charlotte. Broadway. For example, this commercial was on endlessly during the local news:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BkF-btvKJo

Beats the heck out of Jolene and her evil Nissan twin.

Old 11-22-2010, 05:06 AM

3,066 posts, read 6,986,722 times
I have only seen half of these. Thank God for Tivo!

The thing that bothers me is that when I go on vacation to Orlando I have to see that Toyota man with that dog AGAIN while on vacation! They have a dealership down there too.

ARGH!

Dawn

Old 11-22-2010, 03:38 PM

706 posts, read 1,315,373 times
As soon as I saw this thread I thought of that little girl and her mother(?) in the Randy Marion commercial. I don't care how big you make that girl's hair, watching her is nothing but annoying. I find myself wondering if her classmates make fun of her - because I'd be mortified if my gawky preteen self was broadcast to the whole city like they're doing with her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgkiiiheuAE

Old 11-22-2010, 07:05 PM

150 posts, read 230,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
As soon as I saw this thread I thought of that little girl and her mother(?) in the Randy Marion commercial. I don't care how big you make that girl's hair, watching her is nothing but annoying. I find myself wondering if her classmates make fun of her - because I'd be mortified if my gawky preteen self was broadcast to the whole city like they're doing with her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgkiiiheuAE
Oh lord, my roommate and I just watched this commercial earlier tonight and had to turn down the sound.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:10 PM

150 posts, read 230,238 times
Default Providence Cafe (Annoying)

The worst Charlotte commercial ever was the Providence Cafe Commercial. I think they finally killed that one. Who was that trying to sink that jingle?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte