U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 07:18 PM

3,117 posts, read 3,459,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrharris View Post
Oh lord, my roommate and I just watched this commercial earlier tonight and had to turn down the sound.
It's what makes a SubaRU a SubaRU.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 10:13 PM

12,259 posts, read 11,512,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post
As soon as I saw this thread I thought of that little girl and her mother(?) in the Randy Marion commercial. I don't care how big you make that girl's hair, watching her is nothing but annoying. I find myself wondering if her classmates make fun of her - because I'd be mortified if my gawky preteen self was broadcast to the whole city like they're doing with her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgkiiiheuAE
This one is even creepier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkamAZv82c0&NR=1

Old 11-22-2010, 11:42 PM

14 posts, read 16,529 times
All of the "News" Anchors/Reporters on WCNC.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:29 AM

3,146 posts, read 3,947,979 times
The two local ones I can't stand are:

"I'm a TRUCK, TRUCK, TRUCK, TRUCK, man"

and

"I'm in the (insert whatever) business..."

and the one that stole the "867-5309" number and song for their cheesy commercial.

As far as national commercials, I actually feel my blood boil listening to the people crunching the Kit-Kat bars on the latest commercial for that candy bar. I don't want to hear ANYONE CHOMPING THEIR FOOD!!! Those are always the absolute worst to me.

Old 11-23-2010, 06:28 AM

4,282 posts, read 6,719,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
and the one that stole the "867-5309" number and song for their cheesy commercial.
Oh no you didn't just put down Tommy Tutone's 867-5309/Jenny!

Old 11-23-2010, 10:00 AM

8,417 posts, read 7,420,482 times
Quote:

and

As far as national commercials, I actually feel my blood boil listening to the people crunching the Kit-Kat bars on the latest commercial for that candy bar. I don't want to hear ANYONE CHOMPING THEIR FOOD!!! Those are always the absolute worst to me.
Then you're probably not a fan of the Hardees ads where they actors take HUGE bites of their food, and chew them like they're trying to destroy the food, gobbling and slobbering.

Now the ad with Padma Lakshmi in a dress and heels licking her finger after running it up her long bare leg...yeah...that ad is fine by me...that woman knows how to work a burger

Old 11-23-2010, 10:49 AM

551 posts, read 702,875 times
The Morris Jenkins commercials are annoyingly awesome! The same for Showmars!

Old 11-23-2010, 03:10 PM

7,370 posts, read 6,004,514 times
Quote:

and

No one "stole" that number, that have paid dearly to have rights to it.

Haven't heard the kit-kat one......that would drive me nuts.

Old 11-23-2010, 03:43 PM

13 posts, read 22,298 times
^Yep, hate the Kit Kat commercial.

Jared, Kay, pretty much every other jeweler commercial (come on, we all know that you could never sell a diamond for what you paid for it.)

Lexus commercials. They're always bragging about something that has absolutely nothing to do with the actual car, like the champagne flute commercial and the sound of the engine, never mind that 1. The sound of an engine can't break a glass, and 2. Speakers don't transfer those frequencies anyway.

Old 11-23-2010, 04:09 PM

8,417 posts, read 7,420,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiamia View Post
1. The sound of an engine can't break a glass, and 2. Speakers don't transfer those frequencies anyway.
Actually, wrong on both accounts. It boils down to finding the resonant frequency of the specific glass being used, and being able to produce that frequency at a high enough amplitude (volume) to vibrate the glass until it breaks. In this example:

Glass Shattering Demo Explanation

the resonant frequency of the glass was 800 Hz, which is easily reproduced by any full range speaker. If a vehicle were tuned a certain way, it also could produce that 800 Hz frequency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte