U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 07:51 AM

2 posts, read 5,679 times

Advertisements

I am wondering if anyone on here has a Centex Home in the Wesley Oaks, NC division. I bought my house in Nov 2007 and last night I was walking in my kitchen and my heel of my boot went through the vinyl in the floor leaving a nice hole in it. I almost hurt myself and I thank god it was me and not someone visiting my house. Who do I contact with Centex to get this fixed and has anyone else experienced this in their house. I looked in the hole that was made and its nothing but dirt??? I was told we were on a cement slab? I am open for any suggestions. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 09:43 AM

364 posts, read 1,045,232 times
Go to the Centex website. There is a link there for homeowners to put in a warranty request.

Old 02-20-2009, 04:25 PM

4 posts, read 14,940 times
Default Did it get fixed? I am also an owner of Wesley Oaks

The house is supposed to be built in Cement Slab!

Did Centex tricked us?

Keep me posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabs123 View Post
I am wondering if anyone on here has a Centex Home in the Wesley Oaks, NC division. I bought my house in Nov 2007 and last night I was walking in my kitchen and my heel of my boot went through the vinyl in the floor leaving a nice hole in it. I almost hurt myself and I thank god it was me and not someone visiting my house. Who do I contact with Centex to get this fixed and has anyone else experienced this in their house. I looked in the hole that was made and its nothing but dirt??? I was told we were on a cement slab? I am open for any suggestions. Thank you.

Old 02-21-2009, 12:00 AM

31 posts, read 95,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabs123 View Post
You created a new ID to bash Wesley Oaks again and this is the best you can come up with, lol? You got the zip code right, so are you trying to sell your house in a competing neighborhood?

Are you saying that Centex invented a new super glue that will attach vinyl to dirt for over two whole years, without coming up? I say two years because there weren't any new homes available during the date you specified, it must have been an early resale, not that your story is true.

Have you ever seen how vinyl is installed? Was it dirt or mud or frozen solid clay, as we've had all of those conditions in the last week? Was your dirt floor harder in the summer, when the clay bakes or softer during rainy spells? Is your carpet nailed into the dirt, as well? Did the builder do an amazing job at leveling the clay, so that there wasn't a single indent or soft spot, until now?

Very funny post but it's funnier that people responded in a serious manner to it. Next time, at least say it was tile, that's my suggestion. You're welcome.

Old 02-21-2009, 08:04 AM

1,013 posts, read 2,655,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCguy View Post
You created a new ID to bash Wesley Oaks again and this is the best you can come up with, lol? You got the zip code right, so are you trying to sell your house in a competing neighborhood?

Are you saying that Centex invented a new super glue that will attach vinyl to dirt for over two whole years, without coming up? I say two years because there weren't any new homes available during the date you specified, it must have been an early resale, not that your story is true.

Have you ever seen how vinyl is installed? Was it dirt or mud or frozen solid clay, as we've had all of those conditions in the last week? Was your dirt floor harder in the summer, when the clay bakes or softer during rainy spells? Is your carpet nailed into the dirt, as well? Did the builder do an amazing job at leveling the clay, so that there wasn't a single indent or soft spot, until now?

Very funny post but it's funnier that people responded in a serious manner to it. Next time, at least say it was tile, that's my suggestion. You're welcome.

Bust-did!

Old 02-21-2009, 08:13 AM

539 posts, read 1,314,919 times
Quote:

Execellent.

Old 02-21-2009, 01:18 PM

148 posts, read 503,898 times
Quote:

Glad you posted this! I'm buying a Centex home and was seriously like WTF?! I didn't understand how that could happen and now I know it CAN'T. LOL. Thanks.

Old 02-21-2009, 04:27 PM

2 posts, read 5,679 times
wow..I am really surprised at all the responses..I am not bashing centex at all. I was just trying to get information on how to get this resolved. But this did seriously happen. There is a hole in my Kitchen floor I am not an idiot but I guess there are a lot of people who bash Centex..sorry if anyone was offended..Just asking for help..

Old 02-21-2009, 04:54 PM

1,343 posts, read 2,924,019 times
I was going to suggest taking up more of the vinyl floor to see what you find. Perhaps the concrete slab deteriorated at that spot. In fact, I would certainly take up more vinyl to make sure that I didn't have a vinyl-on-dirt kitchen floor. You are lucky you don't have a crawlspace, or you might have fallen right through!

Old 02-21-2009, 06:29 PM

60 posts, read 140,193 times
Guess that's why some people refer to Centex homes as dirt-cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or