U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 06:01 PM

35 posts, read 159,689 times

Advertisements

My wife and I received an invitiation to preview a new neighborhood being built out in Fort Mill called Bretagne. Looks beautiful but wondered if anyone knew anything about it? Any ideas on the general price of the homes?

It is located about 3 miles from Ballantyne out Providence Road W...

Thanks in advance...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2007, 07:09 PM

2,536 posts, read 8,332,684 times
I was by there today as a matter of fact. For many of us this area was/is a backroad that we would take from the Fort Mill area into Pineville/Ballantyne/South Charlotte area (Barberville turns into Providence Road West). I take this road apx. 2 to 3 times a week. In regard to the Bretagne...they have just cleared the land..no building has taken place as of yet (nice impressive signs and some landscaping trees are all that is there now). The actual location is Indian Land, SC (not Fort Mill). Located in Lancaster County...schools would be within the Lancaster School District. This location was pretty rural up until just recently...everyone is starting to sell their land off to the developers.

The developer is located in Baxter Village in Fort Mill (and is a member of the BBB). My guess is that they are going to be rather spendy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinunix View Post
My wife and I received an invitiation to preview a new neighborhood being built out in Fort Mill called Bretagne. Looks beautiful but wondered if anyone knew anything about it? Any ideas on the general price of the homes?

It is located about 3 miles from Ballantyne out Providence Road W...

Thanks in advance...

Old 03-18-2007, 09:56 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,050,663 times
We got the invitation also. Said something about a wine tasting and helicopter rides, so I would think it'll be a pricey development. Looks like everything else in this area...Like Lovesthecarolinas said we all use this road as a shortcut and there's a bunch of old homes in the area and some developer sucked up the land and is going to build very high end homes amid all of the "trailers" i.e. the Vineyards. Looks like it is going to be very pricey.

Old 03-18-2007, 03:07 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,050,663 times
My wife and I went by there this afternoon after lunch (Inn @ Baxter yuck!) I drove a little down the road and it looks pretty neat, but nothing in the presentation so far looks affordable, well for me at least. They have a few different pools, a lazy river, Jr Olympic pool, and one with slides and stuff. They have really nice signage up and trails up so they can take people on tours. The "Manor" house looks to be pretty exquisite so I'd be interested to see what they make of it. Like I said though, it looks to be pretty pricey amid all of the run down older houses and trailers in the area.

Old 03-18-2007, 03:20 PM

2,536 posts, read 8,332,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
My wife and I went by there this afternoon after lunch (Inn @ Baxter yuck!) I drove a little down the road and it looks pretty neat, but nothing in the presentation so far looks affordable, well for me at least. They have a few different pools, a lazy river, Jr Olympic pool, and one with slides and stuff. They have really nice signage up and trails up so they can take people on tours. The "Manor" house looks to be pretty exquisite so I'd be interested to see what they make of it. Like I said though, it looks to be pretty pricey amid all of the run down older houses and trailers in the area.
Wow....see this is a perfect example how we all can see things differently. I have taken this road for a couple of years now...and just loved driving thru looking at the open land with the older homes. Now I drive through and its rather depressing seeing alot of the land being sold and scrapped off...so One More development can come in and entice folks with their brand new marketing gimmicks.

Old 03-25-2007, 03:05 PM

1 posts, read 4,885 times
Default Furniture Stores in Charlotte

If you are looking for local furniture stores and not chains near downtown Charlotte, here are two I would suggest:

1. Colony Furniture 811 Providence Road Charlotte in the Myers Park Area This store has been in business for 50+ years. They sell what I would call high end furniture but not outrageous. They don't play the discount game by raising the retail and then giving you "50% OFF" . They give a straight 20% off a TRUE retail and have free delivery and also design service.
They have a much more eclectic look and don't sell matched-up suites, which personally I think looks very tacky. People are friendly in there and even though it is in Myers Park I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

2. Efird's Monroe Road near 7th street
This store has been in business for about 25 - 30 years. They have what I would call Upper Middle and some Upper end lines. They are also family owned and not a chain type of store that you find @ CarolinaPlace "Furniture Row".
I know they will deliver but not sure if it's free, but definitely reasonable.
They are friendly there also and can put some good looks together for you also.

Try these two places out. They are much more personal and try to be helpful.

You should also know that very little furniture is made in the USA anymore.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:51 PM

549 posts, read 2,185,293 times
The homes in that community wil start in the high 400's and up. It will be costume homes. So people will have to buy the lot and then have the builder make the home. The styles will be French and Italianate.

Old 04-17-2007, 12:01 PM

240 posts, read 926,196 times
This article says prices will be from the 600's through the "several millions!"

http://www.fortmilltimes.com/local/story/6436180p-5735185c.html (broken link)

Old 04-17-2007, 03:40 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,864,252 times
Default Charettes

Let's start calling our shopping carts (buggies) "charettes"...LOL! Sorry, I've been over on the Dixie vs. Yankee thread...ok, let's get serious again....

Old 04-17-2007, 08:22 PM

18,434 posts, read 29,351,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnative View Post
Let's start calling our shopping carts (buggies) "charettes"...LOL! Sorry, I've been over on the Dixie vs. Yankee thread...ok, let's get serious again....
LOL.. ok, waaaaay past my bedtime, a little upset over the Va Tech thing, and now, laughing.

Always a cart for me never a buggy, but maybe a charette, i'll try that next time I go to Wal Mart and see how it works, "Hey Jim, go on over there and get a charette so we can get a move on! I want to get to the shampoos first" Oh, I can see it happening... this weekend in fact... have to write it down though, so I can remember....thanks Marvinnative!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte