U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 09:20 AM

284 posts, read 530,415 times

Advertisements

My neighborhood is in the 600ish and up range, so higher-end homes are selling too. MzJoker, if you're looking for lower taxes, good schools and decent suburban living, Union County has neighborhoods in many price ranges.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 10:04 AM

54 posts, read 125,046 times
I do work for numerous builders in Charlotte and surrounding areas. I have seen alot of new home starts released lately. People are starting to wise up. If you are in the position to buy and you don't, you are mising out on some incredible deals and interest rates. It's the perfect storm for buying right now.. It has been either home prices were high and interest rates were low or home prices were low and interest rates were high. Now both are low.. Buy up people! It's not gonna last forever.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:08 AM

3,151 posts, read 3,134,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcstevyt View Post
I do work for numerous builders in Charlotte and surrounding areas. I have seen alot of new home starts released lately. People are starting to wise up. If you are in the position to buy and you don't, you are mising out on some incredible deals and interest rates. It's the perfect storm for buying right now.. It has been either home prices were high and interest rates were low or home prices were low and interest rates were high. Now both are low.. Buy up people! It's not gonna last forever.
I agree. The deals won't last forever as cost of building and materials are going up !!!

Old 02-17-2009, 10:16 AM

14,115 posts, read 20,836,900 times
My neighborhood is in Concord in Cabarrus county.

Old 02-17-2009, 10:35 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Two more houses sold last week in my new community. All the completely built houses are sold and they are building four more. Yes, lower priced than mine but at least Im happy to see people purchasing.
Similar situation in our community as well. You may want to look into how much "lower" those prices truly are. In our community, the builder dropped the base price, but also took out some features that were included as "standard" when we bought. Those previously standard features are now available as "upgrades". So it may be that, if the new house going up across the street from us has all of the same features, The price difference may be somewhat dissipated due to them spending more on upgrades.

But I share your sentiment - I would rather see the remaining lots in the community built out than sit empty.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:16 AM

422 posts, read 1,215,179 times
I have a question for you guys about this and what you are feeling..

I am a sales consultant for a new homebuilder. Weve been selling really, really well lately and have sold all of our inventory.

However, last night to be exact, a couple of the homeowners came in and ripped me a new one! They saw in the paper or wherever what the sales prices for the inventory went for. Mind you, these folks bought about a year and a half ago..

First thing that I told them is we dont dictate price, the market does. And isnt it better to be selling then us (the builder) going bankrupt and leaving the subdivision?

Anyway, I was so upset last night after they left here.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:20 AM

45,270 posts, read 88,364,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBeginnings12 View Post

I am a sales consultant for a new homebuilder. Weve been selling really, really well lately and have sold all of our inventory.

However, last night to be exact, a couple of the homeowners came in and ripped me a new one! They saw in the paper or wherever what the sales prices for the inventory went for. Mind you, these folks bought about a year and a half ago..

First thing that I told them is we dont dictate price, the market does. And isnt it better to be selling then us (the builder) going bankrupt and leaving the subdivision?

Sounds like they were very frustrated and you were an easy target Sorry that happened to you.

Some folks in new construction homes are just now beginning to understand the reality of what they did when they bought 1-2 years ago and they'd rather blame anyone else rather than take some personal responsibility. Let it go, you are not responsible for the current state of affairs

Old 02-17-2009, 11:27 AM

2,147 posts, read 3,662,166 times
My neighborhood, Brookhaven seems to sell 2-3 homes a week and typically has the most sales listed in Charlotte Business Journal (for UC). I see that the Builder is offring 4.5 fixed rate on 30yr (no points) on new homes.

Old 02-17-2009, 11:50 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,462,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Sounds like they were very frustrated and you were an easy target Sorry that happened to you.

Some folks in new construction homes are just now beginning to understand the reality of what they did when they bought 1-2 years ago and they'd rather blame anyone else rather than take some personal responsibility. Let it go, you are not responsible for the current state of affairs
Exactly - this is not your fault. It sounds like these were people who do not understand that a home, like any investment, involves a bit of risk and values are subject to fluctuation - just like any other type of investment.

I'm sure if the current inventory was selling for 5%-10% more than what they paid, they would probably not be coming in to personally thank you.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:01 PM

2,193 posts, read 4,537,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBeginnings12 View Post

I would have said if he paid attention the economy, the bubble that was forming and had read up on what people were saying outside the mainstream media then he would have known that home prices would fall. No one put a gun to his head to purchase a home at the price they did.

Let it go, don't be upset about stupid people telling you off. Though I know it's easier said than done. I let those things get to me too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte