U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 08:19 PM

92 posts, read 252,826 times

Advertisements

CMC Union , Just interested to know whether it is really as good as rest of CMC hospitals?

I am asking because I am going to work ther as a physician there within a few months, and I would really to know your input especially people who tried this CMC union and other CMC's also,

and not necessarily physicians have to answer this, nurses and everybody is welcome to this thread,

Have a nice day

By the way is Ballantyne a better I heard classier close place to CMC union, and this in comparison to Matthews, especially that I am gonna rent,

and looking for a house that is new for RENT range 1200-1500$

thank you so much
soooma
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2009, 09:26 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,143,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
CMC Union , Just interested to know whether it is really as good as rest of CMC hospitals?

I am asking because I am going to work ther as a physician there within a few months, and I would really to know your input especially people who tried this CMC union and other CMC's also,

and not necessarily physicians have to answer this, nurses and everybody is welcome to this thread,

Have a nice day

By the way is Ballantyne a better I heard classier close place to CMC union, and this in comparison to Matthews, especially that I am gonna rent,

thank you so much
soooma
My experiences have not been good. My mother was in an assisted living center and then a nursing home. We put in her chart that she was to be sent to Presbyterian Matthews in the event of an emergency. The ER has some real issues, with care and timeliness. The last time we went there we waited over 2 hours to see a doctor and if it hadn't been for one of the UC Medics that brought my mother to the hospital raising a pretty big stink, we might have still be sitting in an exam room. I know that there have been several mismanged cases there leading to fatalities.

Old 02-17-2009, 09:28 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,639,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
. We put in her chart that she was to be sent to Presbyterian Matthews in the event of an emergency. .
^^^^^^

what he said...

+1

Old 02-17-2009, 10:48 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,668,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post

Have a nice day

thank you so much
soooma
soooma - If you are an Emergency room physician who accepts Blue Cross/ Blue Shield, I'll follow you anywhere!

Old 02-18-2009, 03:35 PM

7 posts, read 24,881 times
Soooma what specialty are you going to be going into? I've heard good/bad depending on the specialty.

Old 02-18-2009, 04:53 PM

370 posts, read 650,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
^^^^^^

what he said...

+1
Ditto to this! I would not go to Union CMC again.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:02 PM

35,885 posts, read 67,009,663 times
An ER may make an impression, but an ER is only a portal to the hospital. Judging a hospital by what happens in the ER is definitely important if you end up in the ER . . .but it does not give a defining picture of what else goes on in that hospital.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:27 PM

17 posts, read 89,048 times
When it was Union Regional Hospital, it had significant problems. CMC has really turned the place around in the past 10 years or so. My daughter was born at CMC-Union in 2004 and the care that she and my wife received was excellent. My son was born at CMC-Downtown in 2007 - aside from the larger cafeteria, I can't say that the experience was any different.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:31 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,668,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
An ER may make an impression, but an ER is only a portal to the hospital. Judging a hospital by what happens in the ER is definitely important if you end up in the ER . . .but it does not give a defining picture of what else goes on in that hospital.
Actually my impression of CMC-Union is very favorable, other than my "balance billing problem" with the emergency room Doctor's Group. The nurses and doctors were all very professional and extremely nice. I stayed there for three days for my high blood pressure and felt like I was treated like a king! If only I had my laptop and access to a Wi-Fi signal, I might have been making some posts to the CD forum from my hospital room! I would not hesitate to go back there again, as long as all parties there accepted my BCBS!

Old 02-19-2009, 06:45 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,009,663 times
Glad you posted, Em and BadBob.

I think CMC-Union has a good administration and staff throughout the hospital. Any hospital can have a chaotic ER, even tho that is not the ideal. My understanding is that CMC-Union is a solid institution with a lot of talent on staff . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or