Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Charlotte economy losing jobs, seeking information from citizens on financial plans, move away from Charlotte for job, stay in Charlotte, starting a new business, going back to school

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 05:42 PM

656 posts, read 2,315,047 times

Advertisements

I work hard to stay where I'm at (I've already clocked 39 hours for the week), and probably for less than what I'm really worth but can't tell you where my path will take me. Sometimes I wish it were as simple as laying a plan down... the best laid plans...

Overall, Charlotte's been a very good experience for me. Ohio's taken a huge hit, and I would be hurting for employment back there. I need to be thankful for what I have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 05:43 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Those yankee men sure are good stuff huh?

You could be onto something here...
Yes, that man of mine is pretty special . . .

I think that we may need to consider new ways of surviving - comfortably - in the future. I think having small "pod" communities where people help each other save on costs would be very interesting.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:44 PM

677 posts, read 2,237,460 times
I hope I get to stay too, but if not then I'll still be poking around the Charlotte CD forums. I could move to mars and still pick up the CD forums.

Trust me, I'm working on a solution to the whole space travel thing. A few more whiskey and cokes on the weekend and I should have it!

Old 02-18-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1979 View Post
I work hard to stay where I'm at (I've already clocked 39 hours for the week), and probably for less than what I'm really worth but can't tell you where my path will take me. Sometimes I wish it were as simple as laying a plan down... the best laid plans...

Overall, Charlotte's been a very good experience for me. Ohio's taken a huge hit, and I would be hurting for employment back there. I need to be thankful for what I have.
I think we have all had to take a very hard look at where we are . . . and lower expectations about salary and perhaps - even reconsider our ideas about "success." To me, surviving difficult times means we are "successful" and that ain't a bad goal right now . . . we do what we have to do . . .

My mother told me something years ago that has proven true time and again. I am a big contingency planner and she said - "It is always good to have plans, but life rarely turns out the way you have planned it. The key is not so much in planning as it is in being flexible and learning how to alter expectations when things change."

Old 02-18-2009, 05:50 PM

656 posts, read 2,315,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Yes, that man of mine is pretty special . . .

I think that we may need to consider new ways of surviving - comfortably - in the future. I think having small "pod" communities where people help each other save on costs would be very interesting.
Would that make them pod people?

Old 02-18-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art1979 View Post
Would that make them pod people?
You betcha! ROFL!!!!

Old 02-18-2009, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrConfigT View Post
I hope I get to stay too, but if not then I'll still be poking around the Charlotte CD forums. I could move to mars and still pick up the CD forums.

Trust me, I'm working on a solution to the whole space travel thing. A few more whiskey and cokes on the weekend and I should have it!
I do astral projection. Does that count?

Old 02-18-2009, 05:53 PM

677 posts, read 2,237,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I do astral projection. Does that count?
not unless it's at least 90 proof.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:55 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,404,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Those yankee men sure are good stuff huh?

<straightens jacket, adjusts collar, fixes cufflinks>

So, how YOU doin'?

Old 02-18-2009, 05:57 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,404,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrConfigT View Post

I've been there in my younger years. I won't say the method used but it got me there and back mostly in one piece.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte