U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 08:04 AM

311 posts, read 810,728 times

Advertisements

I guess it really depends what part of Concord. A bunch of it looks rundown, a bunch of it looks rural, a bunch of it looks congested with chain stores galore, and then there are some nice parts. But to me, overall, it's just kinda large and vast and spread out which drives me craaazy. I like more of a condensed smaller area that is more manicured, with shopping nearby.. like Huntersville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2009, 08:36 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,272,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeSweetHomeNY View Post
I guess it really depends what part of Concord. A bunch of it looks rundown, a bunch of it looks rural, a bunch of it looks congested with chain stores galore, and then there are some nice parts.
Exactly. You get around Old Charlotte Road and then heading more towards the courthouse and the neighborhood goes downhill. Go around my area or Pittschool road and there's some really nice places. I love where I am now. I have a huge park that's about a minute away from me, I'm close to both 29 and 49, easy access to I-85, about 15 minutes away from Concord Mills, a pretty quick drive to uptown. I'm secluded enough from major roadways for peace and quiet, yet a short shot away from all the goodies. I have zero complaints about where I am.

Still, I'd say there's a better than 75% chance that says the next stop will be out of Cabarrus county and more towards most of the rest of people here. Certainly no knock against where I am now, but I love the charm of those other areas.

Unless I can mysteriously afford something around May's Landing.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:16 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,009,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Exactly. You get around Old Charlotte Road and then heading more towards the courthouse and the neighborhood goes downhill. Go around my area or Pittschool road and there's some really nice places. I love where I am now. I have a huge park that's about a minute away from me, I'm close to both 29 and 49, easy access to I-85, about 15 minutes away from Concord Mills, a pretty quick drive to uptown. I'm secluded enough from major roadways for peace and quiet, yet a short shot away from all the goodies. I have zero complaints about where I am.

Still, I'd say there's a better than 75% chance that says the next stop will be out of Cabarrus county and more towards most of the rest of people here. Certainly no knock against where I am now, but I love the charm of those other areas.

Unless I can mysteriously afford something around May's Landing.
Now you have my curiosity up - gotta check out May's Landing.

ETA: Oh, poooh, Brian. That's in NEW JERSEY! I thought you were talking about something there around Concord.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:35 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Now you have my curiosity up - gotta check out May's Landing.

ETA: Oh, poooh, Brian. That's in NEW JERSEY! I thought you were talking about something there around Concord.

lol....

notice it's proximity just west of a certain area I enjoy?

Old 02-20-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
lol....

notice it's proximity just west of a certain area I enjoy?
YES!!! I would like it there, too! So . . . when do you plan to hit the lottery? And can I come visit?

Old 02-20-2009, 11:42 AM

249 posts, read 369,627 times
As the others are saying, the area has exploded with growth. The taxes are lower than Meclenburg Co. You asked to compare against Huntersville- Cornelius area. Housing will cost you more in Huntersville/Cornelius but obviously you will have better resale value. I lived in Kannapolis and now i live in Cornelius. I like Cornelius better just simply because of Lake Norman. I really enjoy going to the lake front restaurants (Rusty Rudder, Midtown Sundries, etc.) on a nice summer evening. You have nice bars, and the parks are more plentiful and better over here in Cornelus/Huntersville. By no means am i saying anything negative about Concord because i feel you cant go wrong with Concord/Kannapolis.

Old 02-20-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBrown28031 View Post
As the others are saying, the area has exploded with growth. The taxes are lower than Meclenburg Co. You asked to compare against Huntersville- Cornelius area. Housing will cost you more in Huntersville/Cornelius but obviously you will have better resale value. I lived in Kannapolis and now i live in Cornelius. I like Cornelius better just simply because of Lake Norman. I really enjoy going to the lake front restaurants (Rusty Rudder, Midtown Sundries, etc.) on a nice summer evening. You have nice bars, and the parks are more plentiful and better over here in Cornelus/Huntersville. By no means am i saying anything negative about Concord because i feel you cant go wrong with Concord/Kannapolis.
Good points about the lake and restaurants. That does make Cornelius a very nice area to live in.

Lower taxes is also a nice consideration . . . especially if one is on a fixed income.

I saw more retirees out and about yesterday in Concord than I am used to seeing in S. Charlotte. I found that really refreshing and wonder if there are more retirees per capita in the Concord area than the area where I live - or if there are simply less places to go - so everyone kind of ended up at one spot.

It wonder if it is possible to buy acreage at a decent price around Concord? Not to build subdivisions, but to have a farm. ???

Old 02-20-2009, 04:47 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,088,085 times
Quote:
Good points about the lake and restaurants. That does make Cornelius a very nice area to live in.

Lower taxes is also a nice consideration . . . especially if one is on a fixed income.

I saw more retirees out and about yesterday in Concord than I am used to seeing in S. Charlotte. I found that really refreshing and wonder if there are more retirees per capita in the Concord area than the area where I live - or if there are simply less places to go - so everyone kind of ended up at one spot.

It wonder if it is possible to buy acreage at a decent price around Concord? Not to build subdivisions, but to have a farm. ???
I have noticed a lot of retirees/older folks around here also. In my 'hood most of the people are older, with a few younger families. I like it, even though I'm only in my 20's, because they take nicer care of their homes/lawns, keep a good watch over the neighborhood, and most have lived in the same place for years so not as many foreclosures.

Ani, I had noticed listings for acreage at pretty low prices south-east of Concord (not sure if they were in town limits or not) when we were looking for homes. Mostly just south of 49 if I am remembering correctly.

Old 02-20-2009, 05:14 PM

Quote:
YES!!! I would like it there, too! So . . . when do you plan to hit the lottery? And can I come visit?
We'll have a couple of rooms all set aside for you guys to visit, absolutely!!!

Old 02-21-2009, 10:44 AM

Quote:
We'll have a couple of rooms all set aside for you guys to visit, absolutely!!!
Great! And I will have plenty of room at my Linville Ridge spread after I win the lottery. So much fun to plan! You all can visit us when you want some mountain relaxation, and we can visit you all when we want some boating and fun in the sun.

Sounds about perfect to me. Now . . . if only these dang scratch off cards would pay off . . .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte