U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 11:10 PM

89 posts, read 261,314 times

Advertisements

GREETINGS, I FEEL A CONCERN ABOUT K.K.K. DOINGS, ACTIVITIES AND THREATS IN THE CHARLOTTE/MECKLEMBURG AND SURROUNDING TOWNS/COUNTIES (SPECIFICALLY, UNION CO.) I HAVE BEEN ADVISED TO LOOK WITH CAUTION BEFORE I MAKE THE MOVE! CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK IN REGARDS TO THIS ISSUE ? SHOULD WE BE VERY CAREFUL WHERE WE CHOOSE TO LIVE ? TIA FOR THE RESPONSES. Alberto P/S.WHAT DOES LOL STANDS FOR ?

Old 03-18-2007, 11:18 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,221,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto E View Post
GREETINGS, I FEEL A CONCERN ABOUT K.K.K. DOINGS, ACTIVITIES AND THREATS IN THE CHARLOTTE/MECKLEMBURG AND SURROUNDING TOWNS/COUNTIES (SPECIFICALLY, UNION CO.) I HAVE BEEN ADVISED TO LOOK WITH CAUTION BEFORE I MAKE THE MOVE! CAN ANYONE GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK IN REGARDS TO THIS ISSUE ? SHOULD WE BE VERY CAREFUL WHERE WE CHOOSE TO LIVE ? TIA FOR THE RESPONSES. Alberto P/S.WHAT DOES LOL STANDS FOR ?
Alberto, take whatever someone has told you with a grain of salt - unless this person is someone you can really trust and who knows this area very well. I think someone may have just been trying to scare you myself.

The Klu Klux Klan is not totally dead in this country (unfortunately), but they are a very tiny group these days. These are very uneducated, bigoted, racist people who think white folks are somehow better than everyone else on this earth. In particular they hate black people, Jewish people and Catholics - probably Mexicans now too. And strangely, they do all this while often proclaiming to be christians! Would love to see the looks on their faces in the afterlife when God sets them straight!!!

Listen, don't let this worry you - REALLY.

Old 03-18-2007, 11:33 PM

89 posts, read 261,314 times
Thanks Lovesm , I Feel Better Now On The Issue. I Also Would Like To Be There To See What Is To Happen To Those K.k.k. "christians"

Old 03-19-2007, 05:13 AM

18,434 posts, read 29,362,194 times
LOL = laughing out loud, and I agree w lovesmountains on the rest

Old 03-19-2007, 07:39 AM

4,085 posts, read 10,137,788 times
I have never heard this! I really don't think it is anything to worry about. I have never heard anyone of any race mention this to me so I really don't think it is true.

Dawn

Old 03-19-2007, 08:10 AM

146 posts, read 586,527 times
Default kkk

i would make a trip to the union county sheriffs office and speak to someone in authority there. the kkk have their reputation but so do the crips, bloods and ms13. dont know how many crimes are reported where the bad guy was id'd as a kkk member but the others mentioned above are ALWAYS making the news.

Old 03-19-2007, 08:15 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,865,073 times
Default Snakes, Gangs, KKK?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberto E View Post
I honestly haven't heard of any KKK activity since maybe the 60's - during the period of racial integration. I tend to think of the KKK in the same light as gangs (or the dreaded "snakes" thread we've got going...LOL!) I avoid their habitats, so I rarely run into any of them (snakes, gangs or KKK). That's not to say that you wouldn't run up on something somewhere, but I'd think the chances are very slim.

Old 03-19-2007, 09:12 AM

5,661 posts, read 24,614,807 times
The FBI has recorded only 2 race-related hate crimes for Charlotte-Mecklenburg for the entire year of 2005. Considering the area's population size, it sounds like pretty much of a non-issue to me.

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2005/

Last edited by mm34b; 03-19-2007 at 09:21 AM..

Old 03-19-2007, 09:29 AM

249 posts, read 797,041 times
I think the person who told you this may have read a story on wsoctv a while back. There was something, I don't remember the details, talking about it but that was the only time I have heard anything about the kkk in this area... and if I remember right it was outside of charlotte. I would imagine if there was more to it we would all have heard about it.

But as mentioned above, there definitely is gang activity. There has been a number of "tagging" incidents on buildings and some neighborhoods in sw charlotte. That said, gangs are a growing problem nationwide so take it for what its worth.

Old 03-19-2007, 10:54 AM

10 posts, read 26,457 times
In traveling in the southern states to Charlotte,I have seen what appears to be large crosses in the ground.Is that KKK related? Also ,I have seen confederate flags in north and south carolina.There are still small minded and uneducated people in these areas. I don't understand this because there are many black people in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte