U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2007, 11:31 AM

10 posts, read 26,448 times

Advertisements

I am looking to buy somewhere in the Charlotte area next winter for sure.The home is for investment purposes right now,but,eventually,we will live in the Carolinas. Last winter,we looked at houses in communities within a half hour radius of Charlotte.So far we are interested in Mecklenburg and Cabarrus counties but that could change if we come across another area of interest.Since we will be buying a house,we will look to rent it as we cannot move there right now.Some of my questions are listed below.Thank you for all and any feedback!!

(1)What is better for resale,a community home or a home outside of a community? Would one sell quicker than the other?

(2)Are there problems in renting in a community? I would rent to business type people longterm....no college people

(3)Would you get more monry for a community home?I notices homes outside of a community are less expensive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2007, 03:27 PM

149 posts, read 475,245 times
I can only speak from personal experience. We sold a home on five acres on a very rural road in Pa, it took eight months. After about a zillion showings, the primary feedback that we received was that we had a beautiful home BUT people wanted to be in a neighborhood. Our realtor told us up front that the majority of people want to be in a developement, and that we would have to wait for a buyer who appreciated the scenery, etc.

As buyers with small children, we only considered homes in a developement when it was time to look in NC! I would think that to increase the population of people who would want to rent or buy your home, you'll be better off in a neighborhood.

Good luck with your search!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or