U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-19-2007, 05:12 PM
 
Location: Wesley Chapel
396 posts, read 1,502,299 times
Reputation: 159

Advertisements

I'm hoping for some input on restaurants. What is your favorite restaurant for your anniversary?? Someplace nice and I don't care where it is. Thanks, as always. What did newbies do before there places like this??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-19-2007, 05:18 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,269 posts, read 88,551,127 times
Reputation: 39866
Quote:
Originally Posted by indraman View Post
I'm hoping for some input on restaurants. What is your favorite restaurant for your anniversary?? Someplace nice and I don't care where it is. Thanks, as always. What did newbies do before there places like this??
I posted about this before, so it may sound familiar. One of the best meals I have had all year was at a new place in south Charlotte on Ardry Kell at Rea Rd - 131 Main. The outside architecture looks like something Frank Lloyd Wright would have designed - so you can't miss it! The food was excellent. Everything on the menu is fresh, everyday. They don't even have freezers in the kitchen supposedly. The service was awesome and the ambiance very nice for an anniversary celebration. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. AND, they make all their own desserts fresh daily - it was SO good!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2007, 06:04 PM
 
999 posts, read 4,259,624 times
Reputation: 363
Default found address

I was interested in this restaurant as my husband starts work there in a few weeks (and I'll be visiting on some weekends, we'll need to EAT!)
I found the website, they even post the menu

http://www.131-main.com/locations.cfm (broken link)

Joan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2007, 06:06 PM
 
Location: South Charlotte
1,435 posts, read 5,228,772 times
Reputation: 486
Loves,

You are correct about the no freezer thing. I have spend many a night there with friends, family and client's.

The food is very, very good for the price. Atmosphere as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2007, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Sunny Phoenix Arizona...wishing for a beach.
4,299 posts, read 13,642,995 times
Reputation: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I posted about this before, so it may sound familiar. One of the best meals I have had all year was at a new place in south Charlotte on Ardry Kell at Rea Rd - 131 Main. The outside architecture looks like something Frank Lloyd Wright would have designed - so you can't miss it! The food was excellent. Everything on the menu is fresh, everyday. They don't even have freezers in the kitchen supposedly. The service was awesome and the ambiance very nice for an anniversary celebration. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. AND, they make all their own desserts fresh daily - it was SO good!!

Is there another one in Cornelius? I think I went to a place with that name in Cornelius. It was FANTASTIC! It was the best I've been to so far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2007, 06:22 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,269 posts, read 88,551,127 times
Reputation: 39866
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Is there another one in Cornelius? I think I went to a place with that name in Cornelius. It was FANTASTIC! It was the best I've been to so far.
YES!! That was their first location, Ardry Kell is their second So glad you can confirm what I was saying about how wonderful the meal was!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2007, 06:23 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,269 posts, read 88,551,127 times
Reputation: 39866
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlottean View Post
Loves,

You are correct about the no freezer thing. I have spend many a night there with friends, family and client's.

The food is very, very good for the price. Atmosphere as well.
I was shocked at how affordable it was for a special occasion night out on the town myself! Any faves you would recommend I try next time I go?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2007, 08:22 PM
 
2,152 posts, read 6,067,290 times
Reputation: 1377
Save room for the Banana Cream Pie!!!! It's awesome. I've had the Prime Rib, Ribs, Roasted Chicken. My wife likes the Salmen and the other fish dish.

AWESOME PICK...

We tried the City Range Grill that opened in the old Adams location on Johnston Rd in Ballantyne. Very good experience!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2007, 08:32 PM
 
178 posts, read 810,856 times
Reputation: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
I posted about this before, so it may sound familiar. One of the best meals I have had all year was at a new place in south Charlotte on Ardry Kell at Rea Rd - 131 Main. The outside architecture looks like something Frank Lloyd Wright would have designed - so you can't miss it! The food was excellent. Everything on the menu is fresh, everyday. They don't even have freezers in the kitchen supposedly. The service was awesome and the ambiance very nice for an anniversary celebration. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. AND, they make all their own desserts fresh daily - it was SO good!!
I went there for dinks a few weeeks ago with friends that love to go there for the french dip sandwich-YUM! They have an outdoor patio with a fire pit that is very inviting.

I will add another romantic favorite- The Fig Tree. It is located on 7th street in Elizabeth near downtown where you can experience Seasonal Continental Cuisine with French & Italian influences in one of Charlotte’s Registered Historic Landmark homes in the charming Elizabeth neighborhood. Fireplaces in the rooms- excellent food !!! www.charlottefigtree.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2007, 05:10 AM
 
Location: Wesley Chapel
396 posts, read 1,502,299 times
Reputation: 159
Thanks so much, everyone. Both sound great....now I'm hungry!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top