Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 07:30 AM
CVP

581 posts, read 1,905,542 times

Advertisements

CVS and Walgreen's are really competing with each other and trying to do what Starbuck's did...build on every corner. Like Starbuck's, they will realize someday that they overdid it. If they can afford to build all those stores, they must be making quite a profit, don't you think? All those stores are going up on our drug-dependent society's dime!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 08:07 AM

494 posts, read 1,349,936 times
We have way to many CVS's going up around here...why so many?

Old 02-25-2009, 11:27 AM

60 posts, read 157,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Don't you know that there is a NC state law that states when a Walgreen's is built, a CVS must be built on the opposite diagonal corner? There are similar laws regarding the close placement of Harris Teeter and Lowes Foods, and also Home Depot and Lowes home improvement stores as well. Compliance on the McDonalds/Burger King law is a little lax though.
Redd Jedd......If what you say is true, it makes sense as every time I see either a Walgreens or CVS, you find the other one across the street.

It still doesn't make sense, but then again what does?

Old 02-26-2009, 06:15 PM

27 posts, read 59,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
the last thing any area needs is a wal-mart.....
There was approval for a Super Walmart but not at that corner it's suppose to go a little further down 521 a few miles.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REMINGTIN7 View Post
Redd Jedd......If what you say is true, it makes sense as every time I see either a Walgreens or CVS, you find the other one across the street.

It still doesn't make sense, but then again what does?
You do know Redd was kidding

Old 02-26-2009, 06:39 PM

620 posts, read 2,119,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
If you guys read the disturber today, it says there's supposed to be a huge mixed-use development going in close to downtown by N Broome st...

there goes the neighborhood....
Why "there goes the neighborhood"? Would you rather have strip malls or would you rather expand and enhance downtown Waxhaw with independent stores and restaurants? I think this project is a good thing. Downtown Waxhaw needs some help. A lot of the towns around Charlotte have a lot of potential and I think it would be nice to have these towns focus more on their downtowns. It would provide much needed character to the area. Davidson, NC is a great example of how to capitalize on your existing downtown. It is better than walking around/hanging out in a strip mall which seems to be the preferred thing around here. Don't quite understand it...

Old 02-27-2009, 07:46 AM

31 posts, read 139,131 times
OK, It is going to be a Walgreens. I stopped there this morning and asked one of the guys working there.

Old 02-27-2009, 01:05 PM

175 posts, read 412,864 times
Even though it is a Walgreens...there is a McDonalds planned for the other corner.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:21 PM

Here is the site plan, where it says lease pending it where the McD' is suppose to go

http://astonprop.com/waxhaw/documents/30-PS.pdf

Old 02-28-2009, 09:43 PM

2,445 posts, read 7,453,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxmike View Post
Why "there goes the neighborhood"? Would you rather have strip malls or would you rather expand and enhance downtown Waxhaw with independent stores and restaurants? I think this project is a good thing. Downtown Waxhaw needs some help. A lot of the towns around Charlotte have a lot of potential and I think it would be nice to have these towns focus more on their downtowns. It would provide much needed character to the area. Davidson, NC is a great example of how to capitalize on your existing downtown. It is better than walking around/hanging out in a strip mall which seems to be the preferred thing around here. Don't quite understand it...
I'm not 100% sure but my guess is that he would take option C: Neither. Many people feel that the towns with "potential" are fine the way they are. Again, just a guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte