Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 04:55 PM

4 posts, read 6,316 times

Advertisements

Well my puppy is only 2 and half pound, he just got all the shots he needed, and this is the 3rd time I brought he out for a walk. I own few dogs b4, and I know how people feel about poo on their yard. That's why we walk on the road not on the side walk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2009, 04:57 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franco209 View Post
Hi everyone. I need some advice for what happen to me today.

I just came back from a walk with my 3 months old puppy. On the way of the walk, I got stopped by a SUV and the drive ask me did I pick up the poo while I walk the dog. I told him that my puppy only poo inside of the house, because he is still too young. He drove off and after few minute around the corner of the street, the same SUV drove up to me again with some speed. I put my hand up to tell him to stop before he ran us over. He rolled down the window and I asked who he is.

He told me that he is the owner of the property "the whole neighborhood". Because me and my puppy was on the road not on the side walk, I told him that I got right to walk my dog on the road and we didn't do any thing illegal. He said that the neighborhood is undeveloped and the road is not release to the city yet. So he said I need to leave and he can call the police on me.

I told him to go ahead because I didn't do anything wrong. Then he try to ask what is my name and where do i live. I only gave him my name. Than he was trying to follow me and told me than he will find out where I live and he will get my a$$. I ignored him and called the Charlotte city police dept.

His neighborhood is right next to mine.
Did I do any thing wrong?
Is he right about I am walking in the private property?

Well, now you've editied your post to add some more info...

IF this is not a city street and is in fact privately owned like the guy said, then you were trespassing and he had to right to ask you to leave. He didn't have to be so ugly and rude, but some people just are. Have you been able to verify if this was a private road?

Old 02-25-2009, 04:58 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
But franco - you haven't told us whether the puppy (or your other dogs) pooped on the road, the sidewalk, or someone's yard when you took him out to walk.

Even if you let him poop on the road, it is not allowed.

I get the feeling English is your second language, so please forgive me if I misunderstood you.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:00 PM

My neighborhood is all around by the other neighborhood. Every time I go to school I need to drive on that road. Is it anyway I can find out about the road?

The point is we didn't do anything wrong and I just want to know what is my right to walk my dog. You can't assume everyone is a criminal on the street.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
My neighborhood is all around by the other neighborhood. Every time I go to school I need to drive on that road. Is it anyway I can find out about the road?
Tell us the name, I'll try to look it up for you

Old 02-25-2009, 05:03 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Next time tell them you put a couple of leaves over it... it'll be fine no one will see it.

or

You went to go pick it up but lost sight of it and it appears some dust covered it up and you couldn't find it.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:03 PM

I did my research, he really is the owner of the neighborhood.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
I did my research, he really is the own of the neighborhood.
Well then, case closed - you have to stay out of that area when you walk your dog

Old 02-25-2009, 05:10 PM

120 posts, read 325,193 times
Just a little FYI that other dog owners/walkers can do when they see someone walking their dogs without bags; offer them one of yours. As a responsible dog owner I get ticked when others allow their dogs to poop anywhere and not pick it up. So I kindly say to them " I see you forgot your bags here's one of mine to use to pick up your dogs poop".
We have a sidewalk that runs throughout our subdivision and I always walk my dog on it quite frankly because I think it's safer. I've never come across anyone getting peeved at me for my dog pooping in their yard since I always clean it up. I don't allow her too far in their yard of course so she only poops on the out skirts of their yard.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:29 PM

852 posts, read 2,467,088 times
I am the owner or a new dog and the dog has been trained to only poop in the yard. I carry bags with me but he never goes whilst out on a walk - but as soon as he gets home he heads straight for the natural area. So for those of you who don't believe that a dog won't poop on a walk, it can be done. In fact as a fervent watcher of Cesar Milan he actually promotes not letting your dog do his business on the walk!! Now if only I could get Cesar around to deal with the jumping!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte