Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 11:29 PM

473 posts, read 1,578,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent View Post
Well obviously we have mixed feelings about it. I would rather it be the Birkdale style than 2 dealerships or the shopping like the Harris Teeter at cashions and 73.
I prefer housing myself with nearby shopping. I think housing brings up property values over strip malls or car dealerships!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 11:31 PM

473 posts, read 1,578,272 times
Red face Oakhurst?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson07 View Post
We're trying to decide whether to move into birkdale or oakhurst. The villages at lake norman seem to be very questionable. I was curious what your source of information is on the plans for this new village. also, what are you talking about with property values and this rent to own scam. You seem to be going back and forth on whether this village is really going to happen.
We have been looking in birkdale and in Oakhurst. What do you think would be a better investment, birkdale or oakhurst? thanks
I'm not familiar with Oakhurst but everyone knows Birkdale! My husband had to commute into Charlotte and it seems to me that would be the reason for picking Huntersville over Cornelius. Cornelius will definitely add to the Charlotte commute!

Old 03-27-2007, 06:08 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,832,446 times
Quote:
How do you know that the horses mouth isnt in the running for property issues, or, how do we know or not, that it can boom over night? Let me ask you a question, would you purchase a home, townhome, etc, in Oakhurst? OR go to Birkdale if there was a possible townhome to buy? Thanks!!

If I could afford it I would by a home in either place. Birkdale probably will cost you more at this point. Everything surrounding Oakhurst at this point is speculation IMO. I live in Oakhurst and like it location....

Old 03-27-2007, 06:41 AM

254 posts, read 1,057,647 times
Quote:
We have been looking in birkdale and in Oakhurst. What do you think would be a better investment, birkdale or oakhurst? thanks
It is probably a crap shoot TBH..getting in and out of Birkdale is a pain though. I live in the back of Oakhurst off Washam Potts and am happy I do because I can go the *back* way to many places. You can buy my house..it is going on the market soon

Old 03-27-2007, 07:48 AM

4 posts, read 9,555 times
Default replyasap

Why are you selling if this is such a hot area? Properties seem to be selling fast here making this a seller's market. Where exactly is this property and how much are you going to be selling for? Is it gonna be listed soon? Or is it for sale by owner? When are you going to show it?

Old 03-27-2007, 09:37 AM

254 posts, read 1,057,647 times
Quote:
Why are you selling if this is such a hot area? Properties seem to be selling fast here making this a seller's market. Where exactly is this property and how much are you going to be selling for? Is it gonna be listed soon? Or is it for sale by owner? When are you going to show it?

My husband is being transferred...final word is coming down today for when they expect us down there. We live on Allison Taylor ct (probably one of the best streets in the neighborhood ) We have not listed it yet but do have a realtor because we had it on the market for a week this fall but the job offer fell through so we took it off..we could sell it by owner though There are 2 other houses on our street for sale..one is $299k and the other was reduced to $284 (they were asking WAY too much before, it has only been on the market for 2 weeks and still are IMO..it is 600+ sq feet smaller than ours and ours is in a much better location and a much better builder..personally I would never buy a Gandy house) Ours will be priced somewhere in between the 2

Old 03-27-2007, 07:00 PM

13 posts, read 46,308 times
Construction won't even start 'til spring of 2010.

Old 03-27-2007, 09:24 PM

47 posts, read 187,538 times
does anybody have links to a newspaper article for more info?

Old 03-28-2007, 06:48 AM

13 posts, read 46,308 times
Constrution was going to start 1/07, do to the exchange not being allowed for two years... Now spring of 2010 before it even starts.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:01 AM

19 posts, read 76,207 times
Default now....?

So now you are saying that it is back on again for the Villages at Lake Norman on Westmoreland??? Looks like Mr. Ed likes to talk out of both ends?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte