U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 09:41 PM

620 posts, read 1,918,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmway View Post
Why? At least car dealerships won't cause a spike in noise, traffic and crime.

Thank God I left Oakhurst!
I don't think there will be another Banana Republic. Seems more like it will have Saks Fifth Ave, Nordtrom, Lacoste, an Apple store, etc... This is much better than a regular strip mall. If you don't want the area to turn into strip mall USA you would support projects like this. It is different and unique - it adds park land and entertainment to the area. Mecklenburg County is not going to be rural forever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 2,138 times
Default Village At Lake Norman is alive and well

You been talking to the wrong horse, 2 states. I heard from a more reliable source that everything is on track and looking good. I also heard that far more people support this project than oppose it, so get on the right bandwagon. The developer is meeting with the Town Board Friday and Monday evenings. This would not be happening if the project was not on track. It will be a great thing for the North End.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:39 PM

1,472 posts, read 3,660,050 times
The Village at Lake Norman has been approved by a 3-2 vote.

Old 04-23-2008, 08:52 PM

9,114 posts, read 15,638,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
The Village at Lake Norman has been approved by a 3-2 vote.
In terms of exploding growth, this will be the new Union County....

Old 04-23-2008, 09:00 PM

3,662 posts, read 8,668,785 times
This is great news! I know it took a few days to pass.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:02 PM

3,662 posts, read 8,668,785 times
Here's a link: Charlotte Observer | 04/23/2008 | Cornelius OK's huge retail, residential development (http://www.charlotte.com/109/story/593677.html - broken link)

And here's the best part imo and the government will have nothing to do with it thank God:

Quote:
As part of the $516 million project, the developer has promised to widen Interstate 77 to at least three lanes in each direction between Exits 23 and 28 and add an interchange at Westmoreland Road.
Possible tenants:

Quote:
Walt Rector of Cornelius Bromont LLC said no tenants have signed commitments, although he mentioned Dean & DeLuca, Apple, Brooks Brothers, Origins, MAC and Aveda as possibilities.

“If we’re going to spend half a billion (dollars), it’s going to be my vision and my vision is high-end,” he said.
It's not a done deal yet though:

Quote:
The town board has retained the right to revoke its rezoning if it finds the future financing plan unacceptable.

“At the end of the day, if we don’t like the financing, this whole thing goes bye-bye,” said Town Manager Anthony Roberts.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:29 PM

I think it is a done deal. The town manager is just playing c.y.a. and trying to sound good and tough to the community.

In the end, there probably isnt a town or city that wouldnt have killed to be in Cornelius' position. It will do alot to benefit the community and provide a solid tax base. Not to mention a private developer will add 5 lanes to the interstate...If Cornelius had said no, it would have turned downs millions in tax revenue and it would have sent a bad signal to other developers.

It will be a few years til it is finished. I hope the roads are completed well ahead of this development.

The only real downside may be in Huntersville where Birkdale Village is. It will be interesting to see if it negatively affects this area. But I doubt it since the developer of The Village wants to attract "high end" tenants...we shall see.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:38 PM

1,343 posts, read 2,913,787 times
Exactly what and where (and when) is this planned development? If described somewhere in this thread can you point me to it? Thanks

Old 04-23-2008, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XcapefromNJ View Post
Exactly what and where (and when) is this planned development? If described somewhere in this thread can you point me to it? Thanks
Post # 39 on page 4 of this thread.

Old 04-24-2008, 12:12 AM

876 posts, read 3,481,355 times
looks like its definetly a done deal: Charlotte Observer | 04/23/2008 | Cornelius OK's huge retail, residential development (http://www.charlotte.com/109/story/593677.html - broken link)

http://media.charlotteobserver.com/images/misc/lkn_village.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or