Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 07:55 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Ani, you beat me to it.

A manly man, respects and takes care of the women in his life.
Can be a nice dresser, but is not overly concerned clothing.
Should be able to perform basic handyman and auto service needs and is not afraid to get his hands dirty.
Oh, yes . . . really love your description, Mullman. A manly man isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. He does what needs to be done to take care of his family.

Old 03-05-2009, 08:01 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,501,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
....A manly man not only does manly things, he also has impeccable social graces, can take his woman out on the dance floor to Tango, can turn an emergency situation into a routine event . . . and provides a calm, stable influence in the household.

A manly man not only loves racing, the rifle range, stoking up the BBQ . . . he is secure enough in his manhood to show that he loves and respects the women in his life.

Now, that is a manly man.
except for the 'dancing the tango' part, sounds about right.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:13 AM

1,092 posts, read 2,699,470 times
A manly man can love his boyfriend as the only person that can understand him.
A manly man would sit by the fireplace and hold his male partner when he feels down.
A manly man will go out in public, show some affection for his male partner and not feel ashamed.
A manly man will have his breathing stopped for a second when he sees his boyfriend bring him flowers.
A manly man will hold open the door to a lady and let her go in first.
A manly man will have BBQ with wine without having to used an apron.
A manly man can kiss his father goodbye, even when both are grown men.
Manly men come in all sizes, colors and sexual preferences. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Old 03-05-2009, 09:44 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,501,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
A manly man would sit by the fireplace and hold his male partner when he feels down.
A manly man will go out in public, show some affection for his male partner and not feel ashamed.
A manly man will have his breathing stopped for a second when he sees his boyfriend bring him flowers.
Manly men come in all sizes, colors and sexual preferences. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

YouTube - Whatcha talkin bout Willis

(PS- I'm just kiddin)

Old 03-05-2009, 10:09 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times
Yes your descriptions are right but you have no idea how many men I come across on a daily basis that won't even look me in the eye or won't speak without permission from their woman, etc..Pathetic. I guess I come from Latin Macho Land and it's night and day.

Old 03-05-2009, 10:26 AM

3,365 posts, read 10,023,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Mannilest?? Give me a break. I have YET to run into a real man here since moving here last May.

That's because you went north, they are all south

Old 03-05-2009, 10:28 AM

22,333 posts, read 29,427,518 times
LOL Scotts

Old 03-05-2009, 10:43 AM

1,852 posts, read 5,220,638 times
Hey I am north, and I haven't shaved all week.. <Flexes>

Old 03-05-2009, 10:46 AM

1,894 posts, read 6,465,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
Sorry...politically correctness invades every other topic on earth. I'm going to make "manliness" my last stand and disqualify it from some of those descriptions. Sorry in advance if that offends some folks (absolutely not my intention), but there's nothing manly about some of those lines...in fact, they invoke a little bit of throw up in my mouth.

Old 03-05-2009, 11:00 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,898,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Ok sorry about my spelling there. It is early in the morning. I haven't been to any Dilworth bars.

I honestly haven't run into any man here that I would consider a real man..sorry.
Perhaps you have physical features that do not attract men, particularly manly men. We all can't be pretty people. To some, manly men are men that don't wash, shave, release gas in public, talks disrespectfully to his woman, and beats his kids to show he is still manly. This could be the ones to whom you are referring and not meeting. The posting refers to those that are involved in manly sports. They are different. I hope I have cleared this matter for you. As a friendly reminder, don't end a sentence with a preposition. 'There' is a preposition. Happy hunting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: