U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 09:17 AM

3,774 posts, read 6,989,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy mines a Craft Home View Post
First let me say that I feel bad for all of you that own CP Morgan homes in Kendrick Farms (I can't speak for other CP Morgan neighborhoods). I live in one of the Craft Homes (the original builder to Kendrick Farms). I have watched CP Morgan build all of your homes and it amazes me the low quality, crappy work that CP Morgan does.
> Example house #1) One of the homes had the cheap plywood boards on the front and one of the knots in the wood came out prior to the builder "bricking" the front and drywalling the inside. They NEVER fixed the hole. That poor homeowner probably isn't aware that they actually have a gapping hole in the front of their home.
> Example house #2) Another homes' drywall did not have an even seam and was "sawed" and pieced together in their bonus room. Instead of removing the drywall or plastering the board to fill in the gaps, they put wall tape over it and then painted the wall.
> Example house #3) Kitchen wall not straight. We talked with the cabinet guy and asked how he would fix it and he said that he would have to put shims up in the back to make the cabinets fit even.
> Example house #4) Somehow the pipes from the house were not connected to the main sewer. Imagine having all of your "waste" back up from the toilets into your house and ruin the lower level.
> Example house #5) Master bath floor not level. The owner realized that they got slight vertigo everytime they went into the bathroom. When they put a small table in there they found that the floor was not level. CP Morgan had to rip out the bathroom floor and the kitchen ceiling to try and level it. (they spents months trying to correct that problem.)
> Example house #6) During a bad storm the tar paper blew off the roof. Lucky for CP Morgan and their contractors, the "inspectors" had already come out. That house got singles without new tar paper being put down.
> Example #7) The new owner was fortunate enough to be able to stop by and see the progress daily. We watched the brick masons replace the front of his house 4 times (yes, really pull the bricks down and redo 4 times).
> Houses on Greenway View) those poor homeowners don't even realize (and I am sure were not told) the the "land" their houses are on wasn't there 3 years ago. Provident brought in hundreds of truck loads of dirt to fill in the area so that they could build. We have watched the "land" on those lots for sale now watched shift over and over. They have to put up a retaining wall but I bet they will find a work around.
> Most homes with hardwood floors) Buckling problems with the wood flooring. I know one neighbor that had their floor replaced 3 times by CP Morgan because their contractors did such a bad job.
> Houses built on flood plane) There are some homes that were not suppose to be built yet as they are on a 5 year flood plane. CP Morgan got around that somehow and built homes anyway.
> Gas lines) believe it or not, some homes were built with a natural gas line running close to their homes. These people are forbidden from putting up a fence.
> Foundations) A lot of the homes foundations were not sealed. Good luck to those of you that have that to contend with in a few years.
> Greenboard) Yes, CP Morgan uses nothing but greenboard except for the first floor front of the house.

I get the point that you obviously have a gripe with CP!

I was buying it for a minute... until you got to the "5 year flood plane". Then your credibility was shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2009, 07:54 AM

1 posts, read 8,033 times
id have to say if you buy a cp morgan home its basically like moving in a section 8 neighborhood.
stay away from cp morgan

Old 02-10-2009, 03:52 PM

2 posts, read 15,950 times
Wow!! I did NOT know all this! CP Morgan is now in NC, but are moving out do to the economic crisis in the housing market. I just purchased a home.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:57 PM

2 posts, read 15,950 times
These locations are in Winston Salem, NC, and I just purchased a home in Bitting Hall in Rural Hall, NC. CP Morgan has been good for now, but I did not know all of these horror stories existed. I am just going to pray about, Lord!

Old 02-28-2009, 04:36 PM

2 posts, read 15,537 times
Default Chuck p. Morgan needs to make things right

OUR NAMES IS TODD AND LAUREN. CHUCK P. MORGAN. OWNER OF C.P. MORGAN SENT OUT A PRESS RELEASE SAYING ALL HOMES UNDER CONSTRUCTION WERE DONE. THAT IS A LIE. I HEARD THERE WAS TWO HOUSES THAT WERE AT LEAST FRAMES UP THAT WERE NOT DONE. OUR HOUSE IN INDIANA AND CHUCK YOUR WRONG. YOU LEFT US HIGH AND DRY AND YOU CALL YOUR SELF A CHRISTIAN. YEA RIGHT. I WILL LET EVERY ONE KNOW FROM HIS CHURCH WHERE HE GOES THAT HE PREACHES ONE THING AND DOES ANOTHER HE WILL GET WHAT HE DESERVES ON JUDGMENT DAY. HE TOOK OUR 4200 AND CLOSED DOWN. THEY SAY WE WILL GET A LETTER IN THE MAIL. WHAT EVER. WE DESERVE MORE NOW. YOU TOOK OUR DREAMS AND FLUSH THEM A DOWN A TOILET WE DONT EVEN HAVE. HOW DOES THAT MAKE YOU FEEL? WE HAD JUST BOUGHT OUR BLINDS, STOVE, AND FRIDGE. SO FOR ALL OUR TIME I THINK YOU SHOULD GIVE US ONE OF THOSE BIG HOUSES IN NOBLESVILLE THAT WE COULD NOT AFFORD. YOU TOOK OUR DREAMS AND SMASH THEM WITH YOUR FOOT. THANKS ALOT! JUST WHAT WE DREAMED OF. I HOPE YOU THINK OF LAUREN AND I TODD LEWIS. WHEN YOU GO TO SLEEP AT NIGHT IN YOUR MANSION. O I ALSO HEARD YOU BOUGHT A 3.5 MILLION DOLLAR HELICOPTER ABOUT 3 WEEKS AGO. ALL WE WANTED WAS A HOUSE. TO RAISE AND FAMILY IN. THATS REALLY SAD CHUCK. O AND IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME WATCH THESE NEW CAST THIS IS US. CHANNEL 8 C.P. Morgan closure deflates dreams
COPY AND PASTE TO WATCH. THEN HERE IS ANOTHER FOX 59 Fox 59 - Online Video

Old 03-01-2009, 03:34 AM

845 posts, read 2,317,945 times
Hard to read your post in ALL CAPS....

Old 03-01-2009, 03:36 AM

171 posts, read 211,651 times
Here is an article on cheapie morgan closing

C.P. Morgan ceases operations - Charlotte Business Journal:

Old 03-02-2009, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 7,753 times
Default Hate CP Morgan

Lauren and Todd I saw your house.... I realized then that CP Morgan was REALLY lying about having all the houses completed. I am really sorry you have so much invested in this. I too have a signed contract with CP Morgan and they still have about $800 of mine. My house was originally supposed to be started in February but got pushed back to August. They never poured the foundation in the fall like they were supposed to. I guess that should have been a hint something was going on. I called on Friday Feb 20 to ask for an address to send my next payment and of course they were happy to give me that. Don't ask how but I got that payment back. I am so upset over this whole thing. My heart still aches. I have lost trust in the whole building process. What about that contract we sign that says if we back out we owe them $5000, That should seriously go both ways shouldn't it?

Old 03-06-2009, 12:30 PM

2 posts, read 15,537 times
Thanks for the support. Its so sad all of our dreams up in smoke. But the time as well. Your right we should get 5000 dollars back. Im so made at them.

Old 03-06-2009, 01:37 PM

393 posts, read 1,050,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123gabby View Post
Does anyone have anything to say about CP Morgan homes?
Take a ride through any CP Morgan plan...you will see what they are like. We drove through one and it took about 5 seconds to say "**** this". The place looked like a housing project. Dump city.

Remember this when buying a house...you get what you pay for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte