Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 07:14 PM

23 posts, read 74,363 times

Advertisements

It is definatly a buyers market. Now is a good time to buy or build if you can get it through the banks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 10:28 AM

29 posts, read 86,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober138 View Post
Not always. Some people need to sell as soon as possible. Other sellers may not be in such a situation and can afford to wait. This is just one other variable that comes into play in determining what it is that you need to do to sell your home.
That is absolutely correct. But the post here came from someone who is stuck in another state, trying to reunite with her husband who is now here. That was also my situation, and the separation was killing us. We did what we felt like we needed to do and cut the cord. We listed our house about 2 wks before Lehman fell. That was a great day to be a seller, let me tell you ! We sold/closed in November. From what I can tell, the market, in general, has only worsened since then. Even if prices in the sellers' area haven't fallen a bunch, I would imagine the days-on-market averages have gone through the roof (?)

Old 03-11-2009, 10:37 AM

1,513 posts, read 3,341,303 times
Thumbs up My thoughts

Quote:
When you're trying to sell your house in a market with a lot of competition, I think that those people smart enough to come up with a creative incentive as a "gimmick" are probably also smart enough to know that that is not going to be the deal-maker on a sale. Instead, what they are trying to do is make their listing stand out a little bit. Potential buyers could be looking at listings for countless numbers of homes on the market; something a bit off-the-wall noted as an "incentive" is going to probably make at least some people just browsing a plethora of listings stop in their tracks for a moment - maybe long enough to take a closer look at that particular one - as opposed to the last dozen or two that they just breezed through.
That's pretty much my idea: I want to get people into the door. I know I need to price the house market-wise and fully expect to negotiate the price.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:23 PM

4,713 posts, read 9,656,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomichauds View Post
That's pretty much my idea: I want to get people into the door. I know I need to price the house market-wise and fully expect to negotiate the price.
You could always hire one of those guys to go spin the sign out on the street corner

In any event, before this thread devolves any further - good luck - and be sure to post back about how you finally made out!

Old 03-11-2009, 01:54 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,341,303 times
Default Thanks!

Quote:
You could always hire one of those guys to go spin the sign out on the street corner

In any event, before this thread devolves any further - good luck - and be sure to post back about how you finally made out!
Yeah you'll all find out. You actually gave me an idea about the sign .

Thanks to all for the good ideas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte