U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 09:04 PM

2 posts, read 4,126 times

Advertisements

My husband and I moved to Charlotte 2 months ago. Now that we have settled in we would like to meet people and make some good friends. We live North of the uptown area (Mallard Creek / zip 28269). We have no children and are not into sports. We like going to concerts or bar that have good live music (Blues, R&B, Rock). We like ethnic food, talking about world events and having a good laugh. We are not prejudice on race, sexual preference or religion. We have no alliance to a church, so not going to make friends that way. We are just looking to make friends that we can hang out with and have good time.

Note: Swingers need not reply

Last edited by martaizela; 03-09-2009 at 09:06 PM.. Reason: corrections
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2009, 09:23 PM

1,670 posts, read 5,797,284 times
Join a meetup group: Do something, Learn something, Share something, Change something - Meetup.com

Old 03-09-2009, 09:28 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,818,595 times
You may want to check out the Charlotte Newcomers Club.
http://www.charlottenewcomers.org/

Old 03-09-2009, 09:40 PM

2 posts, read 4,126 times
I emailed some of the meetup groups, most tend to be too far (more than 30 minute drive). Where are the ones that is a 10 minutes drive? We would like to be able to call with last minute plans kinda friends, you know lives near and has no kids or good babysitter.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:55 PM

655 posts, read 2,095,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martaizela View Post
Note: Swingers need not reply
Well... shoot...

Last edited by Art1979; 03-09-2009 at 10:01 PM.. Reason: Note: this is, indeed, tongue-in-cheek humor. No pun intended. Ba-zing!

Old 03-10-2009, 03:58 AM

852 posts, read 2,214,455 times
Quote:
I emailed some of the meetup groups, most tend to be too far (more than 30 minute drive). Where are the ones that is a 10 minutes drive? We would like to be able to call with last minute plans kinda friends, you know lives near and has no kids or good babysitter.
Perhaps try the 30 minute away groups just for starters. You never know perhaps there are others there who live close by you but you won't find out until you go. What about work colleagues or neighbours?

Old 03-10-2009, 08:26 AM

8,723 posts, read 7,923,518 times
Check out the Charlotte Beer Club meetup group. My wife and I are members. We've had a couple of dinners/beer tastings, we had a VIP event at last year's Beer/Bourbon/BBQ festival in South Park.

The monthly meet is at Flying Saucer which is right near you on N. Tryon...

Old 03-10-2009, 08:56 AM

4,714 posts, read 8,456,347 times
Quote:
......Note: Swingers need not reply
I won't even ask why you felt compelled to add this disclaimer....but it made me laugh

We've met a fair number of people in the several months that we've been down here just by going out and being social. We haven't done the "meetup groups" but we did find a few local bulletin boards centered around things we like to do (same concept I guess) - and most people have been very cool about saying "introduce yourself" if you do head out to a gathering or event that they are having. Heck, it was through this board that we met some of our neighbors before we even moved into our house.

We moved here last Summer knowing exactly two people - now we generally find that if we want to spend a day or night staying home alone, its not for a lack of other options.

Old 03-10-2009, 09:34 AM

72 posts, read 188,310 times
OP, How old are ya?

Old 03-10-2009, 09:49 AM

1,852 posts, read 4,665,711 times
I know how you feel, I seem to find couples, who only do couple things, or there young couples, still at that stage of planning. Tough to get a dinner together or night out. With that in mind, I have been tasked with creating a "new" meet-up, which I will be doing shortly, sort of a social networking. Not that there isn't 100 of them, but why not 101. GoSocial is probably the best group in the meetups and they have events all over town. They are pretty big though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or