Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 01:29 PM

393 posts, read 1,187,313 times

Advertisements

$23.95 at Honda of Hickory w/ coupon from their website. Free car wash too.

I would suggest checking out dealers of whatever car make you have and look for coupons on their websites. A dealer is really the way to go...and the price is pretty competitive to what you would pay at a quickie place.

I would avoid Wal-mart unless you like waiting for hours, and Jiffy Lube unless you like a ruined car...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2009, 01:37 PM

630 posts, read 1,877,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redlikemethodz View Post
I paid $70 recently for full synthetic Mobil 1 at Town and Country Toyota.
Zing. That's why I do it myself.

Also you don't need to pay to get rid of old oil. Most stores you buy it from have to take it back for free (Autozone, NAPA). I just bring mine to the Huntersville Transfer Station on Statesville Rd and dump it into their tank for free every so often, usually when I go to drop off cardboard to recycle or other junk.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:18 PM

129 posts, read 403,967 times
I will never ever take my car somewhere for an oil change again. It seems like half these places never change the oil filter. I used to mark my oil filter right before I took it in for an oil change and lo and behold when the car was done I still had the same oil filter on. Also another place conned me by using an already used oil filter on my car.

I now do it myself and use Mobil 1 synthetic extended performance oil which they say is guaranteed up to 15k miles. I change it every 6-8k miles. It makes me feel soo much better knowing I have fresh oil and a fresh filter on my car whenever the oil is changed.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:20 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
For the past year I have been paying 49.95 for oil change and now I need to be more tight. I remember the days that I use to pay 19.95 and would like to go back to that is that possible in Charlotte?

I know the best route is to change it myself but I dont belong under the car.
I was a regular at this one place but the last time I was there they lost the lid to my oil top. They replaced it and are always fast but even though it was a minor mistake and I appreciate the fastest but sometimes being fast allows for mistakes.

Will oil change places give you a discount or accept if you bring in the oil and filter?
Who has got the best deals or who do you use?

$50 bucks!! Wow. When my hubby doesn't have time to do it himself we pay $30 at Jiffy Lube.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:42 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
$50 bucks!! Wow. When my hubby doesn't have time to do it himself we pay $30 at Jiffy Lube.
I don't trust Jiffy Lube with my Corvettes. Oil changes for them run $50 at the dealer. The VW is in the same price range as well.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:55 PM

630 posts, read 1,877,219 times
Also I wanted to add that if you want to save money you may not need to change your oil as often as you do.

Oil Change - How Often Should You Change Your Engine Oil?

I change the oil in my wife's car when the built in oil minder light pops up (otherwise I get a reminder every hour about it from her) so the $32 is cheaper than me drinking a six pack every night until I stop hearing the nagging.

But for my truck (Jeep Cherokee V8) I got the truck 40k miles ago and haven't changed the oil, only topped it off when it was low. Now it has 185k and runs fine.

I also have an old Toyota that I change the oil every 3 years or 30k miles. It has 150k miles on it now and runs fine

I think its more important to go over the car and check the coolant or look for broken things or check your tires than it is to change your oil. Your car can drive for a while with no oil, but with no coolant, things gets bad quickly.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:02 PM

1,079 posts, read 2,500,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkingowl View Post
I don't trust Jiffy Lube with my Corvettes. Oil changes for them run $50 at the dealer. The VW is in the same price range as well.

pics please!!!

---of the vette's of course, not the vw.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:02 PM

22,314 posts, read 29,400,492 times
Wow, $50 and $70????? Im in the wrong business.

$50 for the benz at the MB dealer and just purchased a civic hybrid so Im assuming around $25+/- at Honda Dealer.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:16 PM

267 posts, read 1,175,767 times
I pay $23ish at wal-mart. Full service less price of oil, which I buy and give as they always forget(!) to put in the correct synthetic oil. Plus add cost of oil- Mobil1 extended performance synthetic. Not cheap, but I'm only changing oil every 15K miles.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:19 PM

267 posts, read 1,175,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman1200 View Post
pics please!!!
---of the vette's of course, not the vw.
Aw... I'd love to see the vw as well. They have their own charm and place in history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte