Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 12:24 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
Thanks gizmo for the input. However, can you really believe that is true? I live in really bad area. I would think moving to a better neighboorhood would improve my (and my fiances) overall pysche.
Of course it will! Make the move and sleep better at night
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 05:53 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,028,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Just get a concealment permit.............you'll have no worries..
If he is a true Chicagoan, chances are he does not want anything to do with carrying weapons....Chicagoans know that carrying a weapon only gives license to the thug to kill YOU.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:29 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,485,004 times
I agree with cubs (go chisox btw) on the firearm issue, I really have no interest in owning a gun.

Anywho, just moved into our new place tonight. We signed a lease, grabbed our most valueable stuff from our other apt (flat screen, this laptop, our files etc...) and are SO HAPPY to be sleeping here tonight feeling more secure. We lived right off independence in east Charlotte and are now snug in the University area in a top floor apt. Also, it doesn't reek like mold and the appliances actually work.

AAAAAAAAnd Im hocking wireless off someone right now!

Old 03-12-2009, 10:11 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangeish View Post
I agree with cubs (go chisox btw) on the firearm issue, I really have no interest in owning a gun.

Anywho, just moved into our new place tonight. We signed a lease, grabbed our most valueable stuff from our other apt (flat screen, this laptop, our files etc...) and are SO HAPPY to be sleeping here tonight feeling more secure. We lived right off independence in east Charlotte and are now snug in the University area in a top floor apt. Also, it doesn't reek like mold and the appliances actually work.

AAAAAAAAnd Im hocking wireless off someone right now!
Glad to know you made the jump - good for you. Slight tight tonight!!

Old 03-13-2009, 04:22 AM

Great news & welcome (even to a Sox fan!)

Just don't let those city guards down...and, you'll be fine.

Old 03-13-2009, 06:34 AM

1,894 posts, read 6,462,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
...Chicagoans know that carrying a weapon only gives license to the thug to kill YOU.
You got it all backwards.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:38 AM

3,867 posts, read 4,076,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallisteve View Post
I agree!

Old 03-13-2009, 09:39 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
i love on lline reviews. what is so strange is on many major cities the subway crime stats are utterly blank, i learned this from others on CDF.

Old 03-14-2009, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallisteve View Post
No, Steve. When you grow up in a city and you see/experience so many deaths by handgun or knives, including those where the thug takes the weapon from you (before you even have time to think about it) and kills YOU with it (to avoid being caught)....you have a severe aversion to any form of weapon with the possible exception of mace. I think that they are up to 30 kids being killed IN SCHOOL this year alone. Many of these are gun-on-gun violence. And, that is just a small part of it. I could go on, but, suffice to say, city knowledge usually trumps the weapon every time.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:22 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,891,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patsfan20 View Post
Just get a concealment permit.............you'll have no worries..
No worries? LOL. Not every one acts calmly enough to effectively respond, with force, to a suprise assault, an ambush, or a carjacking. Other than that, a concealed weapon does tend to give one a sense of security. Saying that "you'll have no worries" is a bit overexaggerated, I think. I would like to see more people obtain concealed weapon permits. I also keep a taser handy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte