U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 01:55 PM

148 posts, read 502,363 times

Advertisements

I went to go check on the building progress of my house in Woodbury and noticed that quite a few more SOLD signs were on lots since I had last been there. Someone wanted the lot beside mine but they also wanted the same elevation as me so they had to choose another one. Two families were in the office going to go pick out lots and we met another lady going through the models. We chatted a little bit and she finished looking at the models then came in the office and said she was sold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 01:57 PM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,551 posts, read 9,273,958 times
Add in Ben Bernanke's talking about the possibility of this recession starting to end later this year, the chance of a fifth day of rallying on Wall Street...maybe...just maybe the worst is ever so slowly being put behind us.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:23 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,666,665 times
Yea, optimistic posts warm my little heart!!!

Old 03-16-2009, 09:48 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,666,665 times
Just checked the lots left at Brighten Park, where we are building. Since we signed 2/27/09 they have sold 3 more lots!! Also they just increased the price of the home we bought by $5K & lowered upgrades incentives by $10K. Feeling pretty good about our purchase right now!!

Old 03-17-2009, 09:21 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,023,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gkleoni1 View Post
Just checked the lots left at Brighten Park, where we are building. Since we signed 2/27/09 they have sold 3 more lots!! Also they just increased the price of the home we bought by $5K & lowered upgrades incentives by $10K. Feeling pretty good about our purchase right now!!
That is great, GK!!! I hope things will keep moving in a positive direction. There are people out there who want to buy . . . let's hope they can get financing and can move ahead.

Old 03-17-2009, 04:03 PM

3 posts, read 2,904 times
I've been a full time REALTOR here for 12 years and after slow Fall '08, I'm seeing things picking right up. It takes more effort on the part of agents and sellers to find buyers, but if you price strategically (not necessarily super low) and present your house well when you get showings, you stand the best chance of selling. I'm working with a buyer right now who has had only one day a week to go looking and after the past two weeks and looking at two dozen houses, her top five picks have become "top three" picks because two are no longer available. So the best houses are selling.
As a buyer, there is plenty of inventory from which to choose and lots of motivated sellers including short sales and foreclosure situations. There are also (thankfully) fewer agents in the business who weren't really in it as a serious career. Last year this time there were about 10,500 members of our MLS. Now that number is closer to 8,000. So our industry has undergone the "purging" it has needed for a long time.
So from what I'm seeing, the market IS picking up. We were never as volatile as Florida, California, etc. so hopefully this "changing real estate landscape" will be easier for the Charlotte area to recover from.

Old 03-18-2009, 09:44 AM

5,463 posts, read 5,921,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NealinNC View Post
So from what I'm seeing, the market IS picking up. We were never as volatile as Florida, California, etc. so hopefully this "changing real estate landscape" will be easier for the Charlotte area to recover from.
Didn't you just post stats showing that this February was 25% slower than last February? As others have said, don't confuse a normal spring increase in sales with a recovery. A small seasonal bounce off a dismal winter isn't a return to a normal market by any stretch, regardless of what real estate agents claimed in 2006, 2007, 2008 and now again this year.

Old 03-18-2009, 11:13 AM

5,783 posts, read 8,412,612 times
Yes, the Depression is over! woot

Home values should start going up any day now.

Old 03-18-2009, 12:57 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,319,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Yes, the Depression is over! woot

Home values should start going up any day now.
We are in a recession, not a depression, and hopefully it will begin to end before long.

Old 03-19-2009, 01:26 PM

14,115 posts, read 20,823,929 times
I'll keep you guys updated. Almost 7 new houses are finished and I'll let you know how the sale progress goes..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or