Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 03:00 PM

3,365 posts, read 10,019,120 times

Advertisements

One day in Dolphin's stadium.

A fan had the following t-shirt.

I support two teams Boston Red Sox and any team that bets the Yankees.

Is the rivarly really that bad?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2007, 03:27 PM

189 posts, read 580,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post

Words cannot describe the rivalry. You need to experience it. When I go to Fenway to watch the Sox (rooting against them) fans chant Yankees suck when they arent playing the Yankees

Fenway is an amazing stadium though.

Old 03-23-2007, 03:34 PM

60 posts, read 126,761 times
lets go mets

Old 03-25-2007, 12:41 PM

476 posts, read 1,575,360 times
As a Red Sox Fan (there goes my reputation score) - I agree with drew, the rivalry goes beyond anything you can imagine. We however, do manage to coexist among each other here in RI, however, I hope we fair as well in Charlotte....LOL.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:06 PM

203 posts, read 496,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
We moved to the Charlotte area several weeks ago and we're doing our best to "blend in" and enjoy what the area has to offer. We've also found great pizza, etc., etc. But, what are all the die-hard Yankee fans doing about watching the games? Before we left NJ, I called Directv and was told that I would be able to order the MLB package to watch the games. Well, lo and behold, none of the Yankee games will be broadcast on the MLB this season. As it turns out the YES Network only allows games to be shown in certain zip codes! None of them in this area. What's up with that Mr. Steinbrenner? Does this guy have any idea how many Yankee fans live in this area? I made a comment to my husband last night, that maybe we should just become Red Sox fans.....that did't go over too well! LOL!
Thanks for any input.
Sounds like you already got your package and can see the Yankees.

The CSR's/sales folks at DTV and cable have no clue about the sports packages so when you get someone who either can't speak english well or gives you an answer that makes no sense just hang up and call back.

As a side note, I recommend adding on the "local sports package" on DTV through the baseball season so you can watch the local Yankees shows. If you get it with HBO or whatever it's about $12 bucks. You already have your wallet out so what's another wad of cash for MLB and DTV?

but by getting the local sports package you don't get any games with it...just the pre and post game coverage...which is worth it.

Even more important...

You'll get to watch interviews of:

-your emotional train-wreck of a 3rd baseman as he chokes in the clutch all season long!!!

-that trader-of-a-center fielder throwing the ball in with 6 or 7 bounces like my 5 year old daughter does.

Although you have Doug Macnthvichsifhghdjhd playing first now, so that should give you the 230 BA you're looking for at first in case Giambi the creature can't get the shot in his rear before the game.

Go SOX!!!

(And seriously make sure you get the local sports package.)

-Greg

Old 03-25-2007, 05:00 PM

235 posts, read 729,867 times
Glad to see other Met fans....My husbands only reason for not wanting to leave NY is his beloved Mets and going to games every year..HOWEVER..he says he would leave them just for a better quality of life...

Old 03-27-2007, 04:34 AM

473 posts, read 1,578,198 times
Red face Vcr

Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Darn, why didn't I think of that? What a great idea!!! When we first turned on our televisions here in Charlotte, Sam Champion was doing the weather report on ABC and I thought: "What's he doing the weather in Charlotte for and why is Jody Applegate on Fox News?" Well, it was because Directv hadn't turned over our service yet. Bummer! But to be honest, I want local Charlotte news. I love the Yankees, but I won't sacrifice local info for that. GO Yankees!
Gosh, I could go for an ice cold Coors and a dirty water dog right now!
I know this sounds weird but my MIL has her local channels through her antenna and has DirectTV. She doesn't pay for the locals and I think her locals are hooked up to her VCR. Does it make sense?

Old 03-27-2007, 06:30 AM

2,314 posts, read 2,832,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post

Compare it to Celtic v's Rangers

Old 06-09-2007, 09:50 PM

167 posts, read 689,580 times
I live in NJ. I am a Yankee fan and my wife is a Met fan...Were a mixed marriage. If we move down...I will definitely be getting the MLB package. I need my Yanks!

Old 06-10-2007, 06:48 AM

102 posts, read 313,093 times
What is a lot cheaper is the MLBTV package on your computer. Some games are blacked out, but the games that are are usually on fox or espn. So i watch the mets on that and any other team I want to see.

Its great and only 80 bucks a year.

ww.mlb.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte