U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-12-2009, 02:43 AM

2,112 posts, read 4,719,339 times

Advertisements

Any suggestions for nice backdrop between Monroe and Carowinds? I'm not familiar enough with the greater area to decide.

Photographer suggested Stallings Mun Park but only because she thought I lived near there - we don't!

TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 05:21 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,349,344 times
I think that depends a lot on what you consider a "nice backdrop". If you mean trees and water and nature and such, I'd go a little bit beyond Carowinds and check out McDowell Nature Preserve. Some neat picnic areas where you cna get the lake, and trees on the opposite shoreline, in the background. But some people find city scenes to be more to their liking, or artwork type stuff. Heck, Carowinds itself could be pretty cool, with roller coasters and rides and such as a backdrop -- it just totally depends on what kind of photos you're looking for.

Old 03-12-2009, 07:22 AM

1,031 posts, read 1,486,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee View Post
Any suggestions for nice backdrop between Monroe and Carowinds? I'm not familiar enough with the greater area to decide.

Photographer suggested Stallings Mun Park but only because she thought I lived near there - we don't!

TIA!
Annie Springs Park in Ft. Mill is a nice spot if you are looking for a natural background. Not specifically in your area, but Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens is very nice. Freedom Park near downtown has some nice areas and has a pond that would make a nice back ground too.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:12 AM
ADR

171 posts, read 324,778 times
We had some pics of my 7 yr old daughter done at Presbyterian Hospital grounds in Matthews.

There is an area with a pond and fountain and soon to be full beautiful Weeping Willows.

Across the parking lot from there there is a nice bench under 2 Holly trees.

Nice Bridge.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:25 AM

2,560 posts, read 4,317,878 times
Are you shooting portrait photography? or product? Just curious...

Old 03-12-2009, 08:22 PM

2,112 posts, read 4,719,339 times
Portrait, my little ones (who really aren't that little at all).

Old 03-13-2009, 08:39 AM

1,312 posts, read 3,101,130 times
The pond behind the Arboretum is beautiful. There is a pier-like structure, some benches, and big rocks your kids could sit on with the pond in the background. There is a fountain-y thing in the middle, plus there are often ducks and/or geese. Wooded beyond the water, too. Very pretty! If you don't go at lunch on a beautiful Saturday, you'd probably be close to the only ones there.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:05 AM

2,560 posts, read 4,317,878 times
One of the horse farms might be pretty cool and I am sure if you asked they would let you. They are really kept up pretty nice and with the horses in the background might look nice. Just a thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte