U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 11:18 AM

714 posts, read 2,027,834 times

Advertisements

(I posted this in the York & Lancaster Co. forums as a response to someone's request for a recommendation. I thought it would be useful here as well. I have no affiliation with KJL, aside from being an incredibly satisfied customer.)

I don't know how much you're looking to do, but I highly recommend Kevin James Landscaping.

I mean seriously recommend.... cannot say enough good things about the man or his business. We used him to completely redo our back yard last fall, and he and his team did a phenomenal job.

We had tried doing our own landscaping and planting in the past, but our yard was too big to keep up. His team set up a huge french drain system throughout our yard, which we needed because we get so much groundwater.

They built us a patio and custom firepit. They ripped out every inch of grass we had, then put down a new layer of topsoil and seeded it.

His team then proceeded to completely clear out and reseed the grass on our front lawn too! Without charging us extra for it! And to top it all off, when I came home on the day they finished, I found they had created a small flower bed around our mailbox and filled it with pansies.

(Of course they might not be the landscaper for you if you're not into random acts of landscaping kindness. )

I haven't taken any "after" photos of our landscaping yet, but here is what we started with and you can see the sheer scale of his work:

BEFORE AND DURING PHOTOS

Here's a shot of my husband, taken during one of our first fires in the firepit. It doesn't do the landscaping justice because nothing's in bloom yet, and we don't even have patio furniture!

Kevin's so easy to deal with. I had some questions before we signed the contract, and he called me and talked to me, taking all the time I needed to make sure I was comfortable with what he was doing. My husband calls him every so often with a question here or there, and he's happy to answer them. We even got two free passes to the Home Show in Charlotte this past weekend from him! We went to the Home Show to see his display, and he showed us the photos he's put in his portfolio from our yard. He even pointed us in the direction of a wonderful outdoor furniture company where we went the next day to buy furniture.

Kevin and his team absolutely exemplify service. I am serious when I say he's got to be the best person I have ever worked with since I became a homeowner, bar none. I keep wanting to post a review about him to Angie's List, but I want to wait until our landscape is in bloom!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 11:36 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,663,584 times
Default Thanks

How was he price wise? You can Dm me.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:13 PM

714 posts, read 2,027,834 times
Just DM'ed you specific cost info. Kevin's prices probably aren't the absolute lowest out there, but I found it reasonable for the overhaul he did on our 1/2+ acre back yard - and of course our front yard too, and the service was great.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:35 AM

64 posts, read 186,208 times
Would you please DM me price info as well? Thanks!

Old 03-13-2009, 10:50 AM

45 posts, read 178,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratgirl View Post
Would you please DM me price info as well? Thanks!
Me too!

Old 03-13-2009, 06:05 PM

539 posts, read 1,311,897 times
Why not just post what you paid.

Old 03-13-2009, 08:52 PM

99 posts, read 353,749 times
Can you DM me with prices too?

Old 05-04-2009, 01:16 PM

110 posts, read 276,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diertac View Post

He even pointed us in the direction of a wonderful outdoor furniture company where we went the next day to buy furniture.
Would you recommend the place where you bought patio furniture?

Last edited by lusochic; 05-04-2009 at 01:16 PM.. Reason: spelling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte