U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-12-2009, 08:03 PM

91 posts, read 190,819 times
Talking Indian trail vs. Weddington vs. Matthews vs. Ballantyne For working at CMC-Union

Hi everybody in the forum, I am sure that you know me by now and know that I am relocating to Charlotte "I already love it ", this June.

Well,
I just wanted to know if I wanna rent and range is between 1000-2000$ a house or single family home and may be a town house, and looking at a reasonable commute to CMC-union and I have to be there 8:00 am and leave around 4 or may be 4:30pm, and by reasonable commute I am looking at 20 minutes or less, and I don't mind 25minutes if a nice commute that calms you down I mean not very trafficky

I have a little daughter 3 years, and I don't think we are planning to think for a preschool for her for the next year, so schools aren't at least for the first year, after which we are going to look back and see whether we like Charlotte in general and the CMC-Union in particular, and then see what to do next,,, my gut feeling that both are gonna be just fine,,, I used to live in Cairo and I really had enough of too much crowdedness at least 3 times more than New York city and I've been to New York more than once,,, and didn't care for it either for the same very reason.

As usual I will throw in some nice photos of my home country CAIRO, Egypt, I hope you are gonna enjoy,,, I really don't think there are so many places to have fun as a tourist "Not for living though ", as much as you can do in Cairo, Sharm Elshaikh, Alexandria in Egypt ,,, please bear with my Nostalgia and my homesickness,,, its been years ,,, dear Charlotteans,,,

thank you so much.
soooma
Attached Thumbnails
Indian trail vs. Weddington vs. Matthews vs. Ballantyne For working at CMC-Union-cairo-big-city-feel.jpg   Indian trail vs. Weddington vs. Matthews vs. Ballantyne For working at CMC-Union-800px-cairo-_evening_view_from_the_tower_of_cairo-_egypt-_oct_2004.jpg   Indian trail vs. Weddington vs. Matthews vs. Ballantyne For working at CMC-Union-cairo-night.jpg   Indian trail vs. Weddington vs. Matthews vs. Ballantyne For working at CMC-Union-cairo-traffic.jpg   Indian trail vs. Weddington vs. Matthews vs. Ballantyne For working at CMC-Union-cairo-_egypt.jpg  

Indian trail vs. Weddington vs. Matthews vs. Ballantyne For working at CMC-Union-cairo_egypt.jpg   Indian trail vs. Weddington vs. Matthews vs. Ballantyne For working at CMC-Union-camel-hotel.jpg   Indian trail vs. Weddington vs. Matthews vs. Ballantyne For working at CMC-Union-sharm.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2009, 07:23 AM

1,302 posts, read 2,788,030 times
Sooma - Will you be working at CMC-Union Main (in Monroe?) Just wanted to make sure.

I live in Marvin (not far from Ballantyne). I have worked in downtown Monroe and it is about 30 minutes from my home into Monroe. You would add about 10 more minutes from Ballantyne, so from Ballantyne, expect about 40 minutes to CMC-Union Main. Still, your commute would not be bad, because you would be going the opposite direction of most of the commuters.

Indian Trail, Weddington/Matthews would all be closer, probably closer to the 20-25 minute commute you are seeking. Something in the Wesley Chapel area would give you a smooth ("not trafficky") commute and put you in a nice community.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:31 PM

17 posts, read 48,029 times
Matthews or Indian Trail would probably put you travelling Hwy 74 from your home to the other side of Monroe. It wouldn't be an unbearable commute, but lots of traffic and traffic lights.
Weddington or Wesley Chapel would allow you to travel into Monroe on either Hwy 84 or Newtown Road, these roads meet and run into Franklin Street (which passes CMC-Union). Newtown Road and Hwy 84 can also be busy at times, but I think that the scenery is more pleasant than along Hwy 74. If you are looking in the Weddington area, consider that you may save some time if you find something east of Hwy 16.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:38 PM

Question So Weddington would be saving me time? I thought Mathews would be the shortest from CMC-Union?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBob28173 View Post
Matthews or Indian Trail would probably put you travelling Hwy 74 from your home to the other side of Monroe. It wouldn't be an unbearable commute, but lots of traffic and traffic lights.
Weddington or Wesley Chapel would allow you to travel into Monroe on either Hwy 84 or Newtown Road, these roads meet and run into Franklin Street (which passes CMC-Union). Newtown Road and Hwy 84 can also be busy at times, but I think that the scenery is more pleasant than along Hwy 74. If you are looking in the Weddington area, consider that you may save some time if you find something east of Hwy 16.
So Weddington would be saving me time? I thought Mathews would be the shortest from CMC-Union?

Old 03-15-2009, 06:39 PM

285 posts, read 489,268 times
I think WEsley chapel or waxhaw would be a great fit for you . its a smooth ride to get to Monroe

there are also some nice communities going toward Monroe as well.
check out winding walk, Briarcrest, wesley oaks, Pricemill, Blackstone. Those may give you some great options as well as variety in price point

Good luck!

Old 03-15-2009, 06:54 PM

Question Wow,,, many places, never heard about, I will have to research these :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadBob28173 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kidsmama View Post
I think WEsley chapel or waxhaw would be a great fit for you . its a smooth ride to get to Monroe

there are also some nice communities going toward Monroe as well.
check out winding walk, Briarcrest, wesley oaks, Pricemill, Blackstone. Those may give you some great options as well as variety in price point

Good luck!
Wow,,, many places, never heard about, I will have to research these
but if I might ask, if I am interested in being close to Charlotte downtown "Uptown" yet have a nice commute to CMC-Union, where should I look best?

thanks

Old 03-15-2009, 07:19 PM

43,983 posts, read 53,900,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post

Wow,,, many places, never heard about, I will have to research these
but if I might ask, if I am interested in being close to Charlotte downtown "Uptown" yet have a nice commute to CMC-Union, where should I look best?

thanks
You really can't be close to uptown and have a nice commute to CMC-Union - pick one or the other. Even dead in middle between them you'd have hellish traffic to deal with. To stay close within a nice commute to CMC you really need to be in Union county, nowhere in Charlotte I'm afraid.

Old 03-15-2009, 07:46 PM

529 posts, read 1,317,465 times
Have you thought about Unionville? Great area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte