U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 02:24 PM

165 posts, read 506,350 times

Advertisements

We stumbled upon the Stonewall Jackson school. CREEPY! I think the buildings are close to 100 years old. Vines growing everywhere. I am almost positive it is in Harrisburg. But its just right off the main road. I also found it on google.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 02:02 PM

158 posts, read 498,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post

In Charleston, I would suggest for dinner, dining at The Boathouse on Isle of Palms.

I went to the Magnolia Plantation's website and I jotted it down on my need to visit list. I
Went to Charlston last weekend! Great place to photograph, and visit in general - it has a very interesting flavor, and I could not resist to give some of the shots surreal, out of this world look. We did not even cover 10% of the things I wanted to see. Weather was awful on Sat, but we kept our reservation at the Boathouse anyway, and food was pretty good - we tried the crabcakes and shrimp and grits. It was raining cats and dogs, so we went straight to the hotel, but the next day was beautiful! We did not have enough time to go to both Middleton and Magnolia, so we only went to Magnolia. As I said there is a lot more to see and do, so I'll be going back. I can recommend this to anyone living in Charlotte as an easy weekend trip. Only a few hours and you're in different world altogether!

Pictures from my trip are here - Photo Trips Photo Gallery by Irina Zakh at pbase.com

Old 03-31-2009, 02:51 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,867,664 times
Nazira, your photos are awesome! Thanks for sharing

Old 03-31-2009, 07:11 PM

11 posts, read 31,668 times
Sugaw Creek Presbyterian is the oldest church in Charlotte/Mecklenburg. Corner of Sugar Creek and N. Tryon Street. There are several cemeteries there.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:06 PM

1 posts, read 747 times
Moderator cut: tos violation i go to cemeteries too and have also been at the elmwood. i found the one on suger creek and the one on craigshead by using google earth. i highly recommend using google earth to find cemeteries. i also just read a book called mcbride house, its about a haunted house in oklahoma at fort gibson. the house is awesome from the views i saw. check these out and please keep in touch. im always looking for friends who are into the cemetery scene.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 11-16-2009 at 08:23 PM..

Old 11-16-2009, 10:19 PM

3,071 posts, read 7,692,730 times
Go ahead and keep messin around those old cemeteries and when some hobgobblin or ghost grabs you you wont do it anymore. Man dont you what those ghost shows on TV?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or