Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 07:00 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,980,371 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothis View Post
As a transplant, I know good pizza. I miss Chuckie Cheese ! This was high quality. The pizza was mouth watering and the ambiance was breath taking. Don't get me wrong Domino's and Pizza Hut were very good, but no competion.
Please say you are kidding????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 09:52 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,397,108 times
Talking A True New Yorker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jroc2007 View Post
Tony's Pizza is good New York Style Pizza. They are actually from NY. It's the best pizza I have had.

http://www.tonyspizza.org/
Tony's Pizza is just like NY. They opened a new one on Sardis Rd and Galleria and I went last week. I've been here less than 4 months and only tasted mediocre pizza. Well this place hit the nail on the head. My daughter and I ate a medium pie. I swore I was in NY--it's great to find good pizza. We will be back continously.

Old 10-25-2007, 10:04 PM

92 posts, read 317,899 times
Default The best pizza ever....

Okay, I have not been to NY...but...the best pizza I have ever had has come from any east coast boardwalk pizza joint...any pizza joint that has a view of the atlantic ocean...

First, you ask for one slice and they give you a quarter of the pizza and then you have to sprinkle the parmesan to soak up some grease....even still, you fold it in half and have to hold it over your plate to catch some of the grease..

This kind of pizza is not a norm...it's one of those yummy so bad it's got to be good treats....walk one store over and get some vinegar fries and an ice cream cone....

I'm eating salads and salmon all year long just so I can really enjoy sinking my teeth into the boardwalk menu...

And before I pass, I will have a Nathan's hot dog...

Last edited by lyn2shoes; 10-25-2007 at 10:20 PM..

Old 10-26-2007, 09:42 AM
PCR

10 posts, read 27,437 times
haha!!! I have to tell the story of when we first moved here. It was 1983. We moved from NJ to Monroe (just east of Charlotte and quite the culture shock!) Monroe was dry at the time, and thus had no 'real' restaurants - it was all fast food.

So my husband moves down first and checks out the area. He tells me that the only pizza is at places like Godfather's. (Godfather's was a fast food pizza place similar to Pizza Hut only worse). LOL - being born and raised in NJ, I thought he meant that the pizza places were all mob owned! LOL!!

Our favorite pizza place is Riccio's. It's close to our house, small and very much a 'neighborhood' joint. Always have good food and a great time. It's in the shopping center behind McAlpine Elementary.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:04 AM

1 posts, read 2,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvinnative View Post
I see this question all the time on here. Can you describe for me what a NY/NJ/CT style pizza is like? By not doughy, do you mean a thinner, crisper crust?
Try Pizza Palace in Indian Trail - across from Sun Valley High School, its a hole in a wall, but good pizza, I'm from NJ right over the Walt Whitman to Philly so I understand the difference once you come here. It took sometime to find. And like another had mentioned Anzi's is very good too!

Old 10-26-2007, 12:29 PM

185 posts, read 583,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothis View Post
As a transplant, I know good pizza. I miss Chuckie Cheese ! This was high quality. The pizza was mouth watering and the ambiance was breath taking. Don't get me wrong Domino's and Pizza Hut were very good, but no competion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
Please say you are kidding????
<crackin' up> Door, did you not sense the sarcasm oozing out of my fingertips as i typed that? I find it amusing how passionate we get in these threads once the word PIZZA is mentioned. I finally have a FAVORITE place here in N.C ,the owners are also JERSEY transplants! My only complaint there is..... they are lacking the "mouse suit" !

Old 10-26-2007, 12:40 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
You can't beat Littel Caesar's $5 for a 14" pie!

Old 10-26-2007, 04:29 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,798,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
You can't beat Littel Caesar's $5 for a 14" pie!
You get what you pay for right?

Old 10-27-2007, 10:04 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,421,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
You get what you pay for right?
Yep. But you don't even have to wait for it. It's actually good if you have parties for kids or if you're real hungry.

Old 10-27-2007, 02:45 PM

13 posts, read 47,715 times
Just saw the sign today....Marinos Pizza is opening a location on 521 South (Johnston Rd.) between Lancaster Hwy and Ardrey Kell Road in the same shopping center that has Dunkin Donuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte