U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 12:43 PM

1,166 posts, read 3,543,846 times

Advertisements

Thanks, Groove. I've never heard of this flour. I'll try it because all of this pizza talk has really made me salivate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2007, 08:44 PM

256 posts, read 1,044,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKITNC View Post
Nice, we will have to check it out. We live very close-by to Angela's. Kind of off topic, but does anybody know of a breakfast diner that has that 'small-town' feel to it? We went to one out in WNC and was hoping there is one in the CLT area...
You should check out Cardillo's Kitchen on Elm Lane (Camfield Corners) in Ballantyne for breakfast. They have great breakfasts including Taylor (real thing) ham and egg or Taylor ham and cheese on a Kaiser roll. It's a small place run by 2 sisters from Jersey and a friend from Long Island. It is definitely a gathering place of NY and NJ friends. A lot of regulars.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:05 PM

58 posts, read 116,192 times
Taylor Ham. Probably the greatest food item ever invented. Didn't know you could even get it outside of NJ. I mean, I didn't even think you could get it in NY or PA, much less NC.

Old 10-30-2007, 12:20 AM

1,907 posts, read 4,446,850 times
Sawmill finished a major renovation last year and took over that whole end of the boardwalk. They go from original "slice" location to the end of the Seaside Park pier and up one floor. You can imagine what that did to the place, but the Pizza is still good. Pizzaland is still exactly the same in spite of the publicity. My brother was eating it while on the phone w/ me Sat. night.
Seaside went way down the tubes, to the point of boarded up houses and vacant lots. Was very sad. Seems to be reviving itself now, but I'd wait a while before checking it out. I have family down the shore so I go often. Can smell the Sausage and Peppers just talking about it. Did you live in that area?

Old 10-30-2007, 12:25 AM

1,907 posts, read 4,446,850 times
I got Taylor Ham in Harris T's!!!! Really! Not the stuff in the burlap roll, but the stuff in the red box. (8 slices) They have really good rolls if ou buy the frozen ones in the bakery next to the fresh bread. Couple eggs..........you get the rest. Enjoy.........

Old 10-30-2007, 05:21 PM

2,152 posts, read 6,057,598 times
I just Googled Taylor Ham!!! Sounds awesome, just what I need!!!

Old 10-30-2007, 07:53 PM

It's really good.
It used to be a VERY localized product.
I thought it still was until last night.
When I was a kid they served it to us as part of our school lunch program.
GOOD STUFF!

Old 10-30-2007, 08:11 PM

185 posts, read 534,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
I just Googled Taylor Ham!!! Sounds awesome, just what I need!!!
Jake, funny you should say "just what I need" because after a night of drinking, I'd say, I know "just what I need"....PORK ROLL egg and cheese on a hard roll .... Drool.
(we never called it Taylor Ham)

Old 10-31-2007, 06:53 PM

2 posts, read 3,101 times
Default The Best Pizza

Your search is truely over!! Luigi's on South Tryon (off 485 in the rear of the Walmart shopping center. Go into the shopping center as if you were going to Walmart, go pass the the Walmart ther is a seperate strip mall on the left) They close early. I am often in South Carolina and find myself rushing to get into Charlotte before they close so that I can get some REAL PIZZA!! You know the kind when it's so hot you don't care if it burns your tongue you just chew and blow, chew and blow. You know when the melted cheese is so stringy that you have to wrap it around your finger just to get another bite!! OH and you gotta have the cheese steak sandwich. Not the Philly cheese steak. CHEESE STEAK all the way. It's loaded with the old time favorites. I'm from Brooklyn and nothing comes closer to home than Luigi's he's also One of Brooklyn's Finest. Ask for Louie. He will hook you up!!
http://www.geckohospitality.com/image.php?path=franchise_recruiters&pic=4013200711 80191356.jpg&mode=fit&width=115&height=150 (broken link)

Old 10-31-2007, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene'sCuisine View Post
Your search is truely over!! Luigi's on South Tryon (off 485 in the rear of the Walmart shopping center. Go into the shopping center as if you were going to Walmart, go pass the the Walmart ther is a seperate strip mall on the left) They close early. I am often in South Carolina and find myself rushing to get into Charlotte before they close so that I can get some REAL PIZZA!! You know the kind when it's so hot you don't care if it burns your tongue you just chew and blow, chew and blow. You know when the melted cheese is so stringy that you have to wrap it around your finger just to get another bite!! OH and you gotta have the cheese steak sandwich. Not the Philly cheese steak. CHEESE STEAK all the way. It's loaded with the old time favorites. I'm from Brooklyn and nothing comes closer to home than Luigi's he's also One of Brooklyn's Finest. Ask for Louie. He will hook you up!!
http://www.geckohospitality.com/image.php?path=franchise_recruiters&pic=4013200711 80191356.jpg&mode=fit&width=115&height=150 (broken link)
That's some review! I'm sure nobody will even notice that you tried to sneak the free advertisement in there by way of your picture. So what part of Brooklyn are you from? What are some of your favorite pizza joints there? Where did you do your grocery shopping? It's always fun to swap Brooklyn stories on here since there are so many people making the move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte