U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 11:25 AM

1 posts, read 2,439 times

Advertisements

Mario's off of Weddigton Rd (across from the Siskey YMCA)is by far the best pizza in Charlotte. I will try Tony's tonight to confirm that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2007, 11:46 AM

45,270 posts, read 88,174,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slsa2000 View Post
Mario's off of Weddigton Rd (across from the Siskey YMCA)is by far the best pizza in Charlotte. I will try Tony's tonight to confirm that.
I like Mario's sauce better for sure, though Tony's is still good. Come back and tell me what you think tomorrow

Old 11-01-2007, 12:49 PM

58 posts, read 116,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slsa2000 View Post
I tried it not too long ago. It wasn't very good. The people were very nice and they have a nice setup, but the pizza was just missing something.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:58 PM

4,730 posts, read 17,749,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlene'sCuisine View Post
Your search is truely over!! Luigi's on South Tryon (off 485 in the rear of the Walmart shopping center. Go into the shopping center as if you were going to Walmart, go pass the the Walmart ther is a seperate strip mall on the left) They close early. I am often in South Carolina and find myself rushing to get into Charlotte before they close so that I can get some REAL PIZZA!! You know the kind when it's so hot you don't care if it burns your tongue you just chew and blow, chew and blow. You know when the melted cheese is so stringy that you have to wrap it around your finger just to get another bite!! OH and you gotta have the cheese steak sandwich. Not the Philly cheese steak. CHEESE STEAK all the way. It's loaded with the old time favorites. I'm from Brooklyn and nothing comes closer to home than Luigi's he's also One of Brooklyn's Finest. Ask for Louie. He will hook you up!!
http://www.geckohospitality.com/image.php?path=franchise_recruiters&pic=4013200711 80191356.jpg&mode=fit&width=115&height=150 (broken link)

I dont think Luigi's s all that. Don't get me wrong, it's good for Charlotte and it''s better than most, but I prefer Davinci's or Carmella's (like the thicker but not too thick crust at the latter).

Old 11-01-2007, 01:46 PM

396 posts, read 1,302,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
I prefer Davinci's or Carmella's (like the thicker but not too thick crust at the latter).
I LOVE Carmella's. Their pizza is terrific, and until they recently changed their Caesar dressing, they had the best blackened chicken caesar salad around, in my opinion.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3johnsons View Post
I LOVE Carmella's. Their pizza is terrific, and until they recently changed their Caesar dressing, they had the best blackened chicken caesar salad around, in my opinion.
U go to the original one or the new one? I think the pie is slightly better at the new one. They use a high quality cheese and there is no need to ask for "extra cheese."

Old 11-01-2007, 02:03 PM

396 posts, read 1,302,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groove1 View Post
U go to the original one or the new one? I think the pie is slightly better at the new one. They use a high quality cheese and there is no need to ask for "extra cheese."
I only know of one at Carmel Commons. Is that the new one or the original? They're cheese is so good. At my office, we've ordered blackened chicken as our topping, and it's the first pizza to go!

Old 11-01-2007, 02:08 PM

They opened one in Fort Mill not far from Carowinds, but the other side of 77. It's excellent and run by the nephew. The Carmel one is the original one.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:55 PM

92 posts, read 286,567 times
Default Best pizza in NC

Okay, it's been a month since I posted, but in that month I've become an addict to....

Marinos in Waxhaw.

Oh my gosh....this is some of the best pizza I've had since birth....it's better than the boardwalk pizza I've had and love.....

We don't live near there...it was a matter of destiny that I ate there....but now I will drive 29 miles from my home every other week just to have that pizza...oh yeah...

I can't explain it...the crust, you had to fold it to hold it and the sauce was great and I don't even think they know what part skim mozzeralla is..it's whole or nothing here, it's gotta be....it just has to....I love it....

Pizza....they just nailed it...that's all...

Old 12-01-2007, 08:54 AM

58 posts, read 164,506 times
That is one of the funniest things I have ever read! We need to hang out when I move down there because I like your sense of humor. You can pick the pizza place even though it sadly will not be able to compete with Chuckie Cheese or Pizza Hut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothis View Post
As a transplant, I know good pizza. I miss Chuckie Cheese ! This was high quality. The pizza was mouth watering and the ambiance was breath taking. Don't get me wrong Domino's and Pizza Hut were very good, but no competion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte