U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 05:36 PM

7,930 posts, read 17,767,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaf View Post
No way! Tony's in Ballantyne is way better--tho they do not deliver. Mario's doesn't cut it for the NJ/NY'er.

I'm hearing positive things about Palone's in the Fountains, but I haven't tried it yet.

OMG im a Brooklyn girl born and raised and sorry but I do know good pizza, Tony's WAS THE BEST and get it WELL DONE....dh and I couldnt beleive how it was like eating brooklyn pizza, but then again you have to like it in the 1st place...LOL...not everyone loves NY pizza
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2007, 06:07 PM

235 posts, read 665,178 times
If I knew how to make pizza I would come from Brooklyn open a pizza shop and get rich you all make me laugh...I can't believe not one person from Brooklyn has moved there and made a fortune yet..dang why was I born Jewish LOLOOLOLLLL...

Old 04-16-2007, 06:15 PM

4,299 posts, read 13,628,567 times
What about in the Lake Norman area?

Old 04-16-2007, 06:50 PM

2 posts, read 5,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by par4 View Post
I recently tried Marino's in Waxhaw - accross from Alma Village. They are from Philly, but their pizza is excellent - just like from manhattan. If its not too far from where you are, you may want to give it a try.
I will second this. Their pizza is excellent, and their philly cheese steaks are exactly like the ones in Philly/

~Natek

ps 3909 PROVIDENCE RD. Waxhaw
ph: 704-843-8296
is where they are

Old 04-16-2007, 07:00 PM

240 posts, read 927,429 times
Brooklyn born and raised here :-) Here are my rankings of the best pizza places in the South Charlotte area:

1) Brooklyn Pizza Parlor (Rea Rd at Colony Dr)... try the "Brooklyn sicilian!!"
2) Portofino's (at Ayrsley Town Center, S. Tryon exit on 485)
3) Palone's (Ardrey Kell at Tom Short)
4) Tony's (Ballantyne Village)
5) Anzi (Stonecrest)
6) La Strada (Waxhaw Indian Trail Rd at rt 84)
7) Marino's (Providence Rd near town of Waxhaw)

I'd say all of these places are definitely worth trying. They're all good, but if I had to pick only one, Brooklyn Pizza Parlor wins hands-down :-)

Old 04-16-2007, 10:21 PM

7,930 posts, read 17,767,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawks80 View Post
Brooklyn born and raised here :-) Here are my rankings of the best pizza places in the South Charlotte area:

1) Brooklyn Pizza Parlor (Rea Rd at Colony Dr)... try the "Brooklyn sicilian!!"
2) Portofino's (at Ayrsley Town Center, S. Tryon exit on 485)
3) Palone's (Ardrey Kell at Tom Short)
4) Tony's (Ballantyne Village)
5) Anzi (Stonecrest)
6) La Strada (Waxhaw Indian Trail Rd at rt 84)
7) Marino's (Providence Rd near town of Waxhaw)

I'd say all of these places are definitely worth trying. They're all good, but if I had to pick only one, Brooklyn Pizza Parlor wins hands-down :-)
YUM Sea you certainly a great source and know your food my friend..thanks I will actually try Palones as I keep hearing good things about it...My entrance to the development is off Tom Short Rd so I will def go there..

thanks

Old 04-17-2007, 05:37 AM

999 posts, read 4,254,704 times
WOW, I can't believe all the response this has gotten. We finally moved DH to Charlotte Saturday, didn't get any pizza, too busy moving in and getting the lay of the land. So we come home on Sunday (me and the kids) and my daughter says she want's pizza for dinner. I look in our local phone book, find one that delivers, figure it can't be that bad, and ordered. Just as bad as all the other pizza we've had since moving to Fayetteville last summer.
I promised her we'd go for pizza next weekend in Charlotte!!
Joan

Old 04-17-2007, 05:48 AM

117 posts, read 398,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joanchris2000 View Post
Hi all,
Thinking about Pizza here. With all the people around Charlotte from NY/NJ/CT who knows where to get good pizza like from home? I've been in NC (Fayetteville) since August, and CANNOT find decent pizza. My parents moved to SC 2 yrs ago and found one place by accident where if you say you want pizza like you were in NY they'll make it for you special, apparantly they opened (from NY) and made pizza like they did in NY and people in SC didn't like it so they changed to the, to me, doughy, less cooked variety so ubiquitous here in the Carolinas.
I'm DYING for good pizza and my husband moves to Charlotte in 3 weeks!
thanks!
Joan
New York Pizza Co in Central Village/Plainfield,CT the BEST pizza in the world. The owner went to Johnson and Wales.

123 Norwich Rd
Plainfield, CT 06374
(860) 564-9400

Old 04-17-2007, 06:02 AM

240 posts, read 927,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmomof2 View Post
YUM Sea you certainly a great source and know your food my friend..thanks I will actually try Palones as I keep hearing good things about it...My entrance to the development is off Tom Short Rd so I will def go there..

thanks
Palone's will be about 5 minutes from you... nice to have a great pizza place that close! Brooklyn Pizza Parlor will be about 15 minutes from you (at most) and is defintely worth the drive. When it's busy and you place an order, they give you a little street sign to put on your table so they know which order is yours, and the names of the streets are all streets in Brooklyn. Pretty funny :-)

Old 04-17-2007, 09:01 AM

149 posts, read 585,558 times
brooklyns on 601 and 49 in concord is good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte