U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2009, 02:08 PM

1,039 posts, read 2,666,290 times

Advertisements

Can anyone give me info on Vermillion neighborhood in Huntersville. A good friend is about to spend half a million dollars there & I think she is not being very smart. The homes are by David Weekly and the amendities look great but $500K in this market?
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 04:01 PM

6 posts, read 16,021 times
It isn't a bad neighborhood, but the homes are on top of each other. There are also a lot of townhomes in this plan. Personally, in this area, I wouldn't spend $500K on a home in a neighborhood that also includes town homes.

If your friend is looking to spend in this price range, advise them to check out River Run in Davidson (about 5 miles from Vermillion). That is a country club neighborhood, and I personally know people in there selling their homes for less than $500. I would bet a real estate professional would tell you that a River Run home would be a better investment.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:49 PM

104 posts, read 261,784 times
David Weekley also has their community in Christianbury in that price range. I have a David Weekley home and they are a great builder. But I would look around. The top end homes are not selling.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:53 PM

Default Reputation comment???

Why & who wrote "your (sic) not smart right now" on my reputation comment? Not sure what you mean by that. Care to elaborate? Thanks

Old 03-16-2009, 07:39 AM

409 posts, read 988,175 times
Vermillion is an interesting neighborhood. Many different sections with different price ranges. I suspect your friend is preparing to buy into the "Estate" series section. There is also the "Park" series that has homes between 300 and 400K, and there are other sections that Metz has built that are less expensive.

In my opinion, Vermillion is in an excellent location. While most people are interested in neighborhoods on the west side of I-77, the east side has tons of potential. Vermillion is located within walking distance of "Downtown" Huntersville - right now there is not that much there (Lupies, Toast, etc.), but the new rail station will eventually be built right there, and the satellite Discovery Place and the Huntersville Town Center will make Vermillion's proximity to that very appealing in about 5 years or so.

As others have mentioned, Weekley is a very good builder and has nice floor plans. The lots are pretty tight - I have noticed that a lot of folks that are interested in the Park series section of the neighborhood are people that want to have less yard maintenance, like empty nesters. The lots on the Estate side are a bit more spacious, but still on the small side.

Old 03-16-2009, 07:50 AM

630 posts, read 1,674,481 times
River Run is very nice, but a tougher commute if you work downtown. Huntersville at exit 23 is about as good as it gets in the line between commute distance and being too close to the city and the decline in safety (in my opinion).

If your friend didn't have to go south on 77 in the AM then River Run is a great choice.

Old 03-16-2009, 11:20 AM

115 posts, read 522,371 times
Vermillion is a great neighborhood in a great location. The concept is ahead of it's time; however, it's still Huntersville, and if you're going to spend around $500, I'd look in Davidson or Skybrook

Old 03-16-2009, 12:13 PM

Thanks everyone! Maybe my friend isn't making as big a mistake as I thought. To be honest I haven't even seen the house or the plans. Also it is not a full half million maybe more like $460K but in my book close enough. Maybe once the market turns around and those new things (Discovery Place/light rail) are implemented they will be fine.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:35 PM

8 posts, read 241,033 times
For anyone living in the Vermillion community ......are people friendly ?? Is it a tight community? family oriented? Any info would be greatly appreciated !Thank you !

Old 05-29-2009, 01:37 PM

90 posts, read 151,625 times
I am also interested in the people in the community and some activites..movies in the park, community newsletter, swim team, play dates? I know 2 old established neighborhoods that offer these things but I want to live in Vermillion AND have a few activities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or