U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 03-24-2007, 08:48 AM

227 posts, read 28,344 times

Advertisements

Just got this email from our community email list. Its funny, because the kid in the tie came to our door last Sunday...

From the Elizabeth Community Report

This is from our own Sgt Stahnke:

In the past couple of weeks, many of you have encountered the magazine salespeople roaming our streets and many of you have seen my mailings about what can and can’t be done about them. One of your fellow citizens and resident of the Providence Division, Margaret Rixham, has decided she’s had enough and is determined to see our city codes amended in order to address the concerns that many of you share in regards to the practice of door to door sales in Charlotte.

I know that she has been in contact with representatives of city government and she has been researching the larger companies known for magazine sales. Below are some crimes that she uncovered that have been tied to magazine sales crews.

I have spoken with her and Margaret has stated that she welcomes questions and inquiries from other neighborhoods and she would like for more people to become involved in the effort to have existing statutes changed so that they address these salespeople. If you are interested in learning more, please contact her at:

mcrixham@gmail.com

Just last Friday, in Durham, NC, one of their "salespeople"....Branden Marquis Crosby, age 25, raped a teenage girl. This is not an isolated incident. Here are some other headlines from around the United States:

October, 2004: 80-year old woman hospitalized after solictor from American Community Services tried to sexually assault her.
June 2004: 18-year old solicitor employed by "Phoenix Imagery" (Michigan City , Indiana) beats & stabs 77-year old woman to death
August 2001: 66-year old Knoxville, TN, woman stabbed to death by magazine salesman employed by American Community Services

The stories about violent crimes and crime rings go on and on. If you'd like to see more horror stories for yourself, you can log onto these two websites: http://edumacation.com/AmericanCommunityServices and

http://www.travelingsalescrews.info/#breaking

Here is a note from Anonymous:

CD from Anonymous:

'Tis the season for aggressive door-to-door salespeople to surprise you on your front porch! Let's band together as a neighborhood this year to show these solicitors that Elizabeth will not support them. DO NOT OPEN YOUR DOOR to these solicitors. DO NOT WRITE THEM CHECKS thinking they will go away. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. They can be scammers and criminals, who often otherwise seem like innocent, young people desperately in need of your money to help them progress in some way. Simply put, you DO NOT NEED TO BE NICE to these people or feel sorry for them. Just today, at least 2 neighbors called 911 after being threatened by solicitors (a young black male dressed in a tie, and a young, very aggressive black girl who was later reported to have been arrested following the 911 call). If you are so inclined, you can make a nice looking "No Trespassing, No Soliciting" sign for your window or door, which means solicitors are in violation if they come on your property or try to sell you something. Help keep Elizabeth safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2007, 10:08 AM

2,125 posts, read 4,243,743 times
My wife was approached as she came home the other day from work. The young girl entered our garage and proceeded to badger her. Thankfully she went away, but there was a strange car following the girl around our neighborhood. This "Sales" approach has always made me nervous.
I'm glad to see someone trying to do something about them.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:27 AM

111 posts, read 395,615 times
we just had the problem in foxcroft but they were caught trying to break into a garage on a neighbor;s house that was being renovated and the week before a neighbor left a car door unlocked and her car was trashed..... in question of the elizabeth incident do yo mind sharing what street? i am concerned for my elderly grandparents who stay some by themselves some and I am debating whether to begin a renovation on their home.......

Old 03-29-2007, 05:20 PM

44 posts, read 117,104 times
Where we are too I am always acosted by what appears to be the same young man every year while I am outside planting. Luckily my large White Sheppard scares them away
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte