Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 06:46 PM

4,300 posts, read 14,953,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCborn View Post
I've never even heard of Ron Kuby, but I love Randi Rhode's, who is very entertaining, and funny. I also really enjoy Ed Schultz (former conservative) who never screens his calls. On the other end of the dial, I can't tolerate Rush Limbaugh, not only because he's such a hypocrite, but everything he says is so easily debatable. Every time he opens his mouth, I find myself screaming at the radio "well what about X?! And what about Y?!" There is so much stuff he doesn't address, or that he distorts. I find it sickening. But I guess it's entertaining for people who are not well informed and only get their information from these right-wing talkers or from the corporate-controlled news media (particularly Fox) that do nothing but spin or talk about tabloid stuff like Anna Nicole Smith or American Idol. I think every person who has access to cable TV should be obligated to watch CSPAN every day, so they can hear both sides off all the issues, in depth and unedited, and without the spin, and without these radio and TV talkers who twist and distort and take things people have said completely out of context.

I think I know where the negative rep came from. Do you have any ideas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2007, 06:49 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,544,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
Shenna, it's not a big deal, in fact, I've bumped you up to compensate.

Old 04-01-2007, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
Shenna, it's not a big deal, in fact, I've bumped you up to compensate.

Yeah I know, I was just sharing what the rules were before someone did it again Thanks Mike!!!!!!!!!!! These rep points are hard to come by

Old 04-01-2007, 07:20 PM

362 posts, read 1,345,256 times
Quote:
Yeah I know, I was just sharing what the rules were before someone did it again Thanks Mike!!!!!!!!!!! These rep points are hard to come by
I know that when someone "Rate's this post positively" it ups your rep points, but what do rep point mean, exactly? Do they just signify that the poster writes a lot of positive things?

How would one be able to give you a negative rep point?

Thanks

Old 04-01-2007, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICDWTM View Post
I know that when someone "Rate's this post positively" it ups your rep points, but what do rep point mean, exactly? Do they just signify that the poster writes a lot of positive things?

How would one be able to give you a negative rep point?

Thanks

Click on the icon on the top right of the post and hit agree or disagree. If you hit disagree it tells you the rules. It's for rude or offensive post it's not suppose to be used if you disagree. Usually people with high rep points are very helpful people on the site. We have lots of folks on here that are extremly helpful.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:20 PM

116 posts, read 422,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
It ends at 7 am your time as it goes to ten EST.
Yikes! I'm lucky if I'm even able to get myself out of bed by that time. I'm not what you would call a morning person.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Nope, I never even knew about this rep thing until I just read your message. I have seen the reputation number on people's posts, but didn't know what it meant and didn't really think about it. You've taught me something.

Old 04-01-2007, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCborn View Post
Nope, I never even knew about this rep thing until I just read your message. I have seen the reputation number on people's posts, but didn't know what it meant and didn't really think about it. You've taught me something.
Hmm. I see mine just dropped six points.

Old 04-13-2007, 03:29 AM

49 posts, read 230,974 times
Default Rush Limbaugh

How can anyone, especially a conservative, accept this doper as anything other than a criminal?

Simply because he espouses the conservative side of issues, lots of you ignore your true feelings and ideology and excuse his criminal conduct.

I've not listened to him since he was caught. I've always dispised hypocrisy.

Old 04-14-2007, 06:20 PM

113 posts, read 443,169 times
WFAE, 90.7 for informed, intelligent talk almost all day. WBT for humor and gossip...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte