U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 08:12 AM

92 posts, read 244,142 times

Advertisements

Ever watched a tiny seed become a small sprig of green poking out of the ground. Watch this space. All the wonderful resales and newbuild opportunities in Waxhaw are like those tiny sprigs. Once the market starts moving a little we are going to see a great place for families to grow in a safe, pretty, commuterable area (it's no secret to those of us already living here). Remember the pull of good schools and a little acreage plus amenities when your a newby - you want neighbors but not right on top of you. I am quietly excited to see how the whole of this area responds to the future. I'd like to reiterate someone's post this week that the reason people move out of the city is to get away from city life so we don't want to change the way things are, we want to embrace and enjoy it.
Now who wants to slap a negative comment on this thread - I'm sure there's someone out there who can't wait to!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 08:19 AM

35,885 posts, read 67,009,663 times
HA HA HA HA!!! It is refreshing to see someone move to an area and appreciate what it has to offer. And I agree - there are many opportunities in the Waxhaw area. I have a friend w/ a lot of acreage outside Waxhaw and she likes it just the way it is.

Old 03-17-2009, 08:30 AM

4,280 posts, read 10,033,770 times
What is this 'commuterable' of which you speak?

Old 03-17-2009, 08:38 AM

92 posts, read 244,142 times
I think a commuter is someone who can travel to the city each day from their home - so commuterable is driveable, or is that not in the dictionary, are you interested in moving to the area, or someone who has an opinion on this thread?

Old 03-17-2009, 08:41 AM

4,280 posts, read 10,033,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uk2va2nc View Post
I think a commuter is someone who can travel to the city each day from their home - so commuterable is driveable, or is that not in the dictionary, are you interested in moving to the area, or someone who has an opinion on this thread?
Relax, just playing with your word.

'Moving to the area'?
My family has been 'round these parts for 250+ years.

I remember when a 'trip' to Waxhaw required a packed lunch.

Seriously though.
I know a few Waxhaw 'old timers' not real happy with the influx.
In their opinion, there has been considerably too much development off of two lane roads disrupting their sleepy community.

At the same time, I have the pleasure to know many newcomers to the area who are just thrilled.
I see it both ways...

Last edited by mullman; 03-17-2009 at 10:08 AM..

Old 03-17-2009, 10:23 AM

2,447 posts, read 6,642,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uk2va2nc View Post
are you interested in moving to the area
Ha!...Newbie

Seriously though, uk2va2nc I'm glad you are loving your home so much. Sounds like a great place.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:41 PM

3,151 posts, read 3,130,229 times
Well...if Waxhaw is a "hellhole", then just call me Lucifer.

I live on Long Island came down for a weekend and bought a house. Some people might call me crazy but sometimes you just have to go with your "gut" instincts.

The area seems very familiar to me like I have lived here all my life and I guess that is why so many LI people have moved down there. Besides the obvious of being able to afford a fabulous house. You have to see what $300,000 buys you on LI. And paying $10 - $12,000 a year in taxes!!

Old 03-17-2009, 01:20 PM

45,270 posts, read 88,302,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Well...if Waxhaw is a "hellhole", then just call me Lucifer.

I live on Long Island came down for a weekend and bought a house. Some people might call me crazy but sometimes you just have to go with your "gut" instincts.

The area seems very familiar to me like I have lived here all my life and I guess that is why so many LI people have moved down there. Besides the obvious of being able to afford a fabulous house. You have to see what $300,000 buys you on LI. And paying $10 - $12,000 a year in taxes!!
Waxhaw is no hellhole, and NEVER has been. It is however dramatically different than it was just a few short years ago. Those changes have not been welcomed by everyone, which I can completely understand. Too many mcmansions, too much farm land disappearing - and don't get me started on the traffic

I don't live there, but if I did, I might not be so happy as all the newcomers are.

Old 03-17-2009, 01:26 PM

305 posts, read 659,077 times
we'll be moving to waxhaw as soon as our house in ny sells. can't wait to move!

Old 03-17-2009, 01:32 PM

3,151 posts, read 3,130,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Waxhaw is no hellhole, and NEVER has been. It is however dramatically different than it was just a few short years ago. Those changes have not been welcomed by everyone, which I can completely understand. Too many mcmansions, too much farm land disappearing - and don't get me started on the traffic

I don't live there, but if I did, I might not be so happy as all the newcomers are.
I can certainly understand every point of view. We went through the same thing on Long Island. In fact before Hollywood invaded The Hamptons, it was a great place to go and now it is rediculously unaffordable even for people that have money. We Long Islanders still get upset at the traffic and the "invasion" of outsiders. But that influx of "money" really saved Long Island and grew the economy. So even though locals might be a bit ticked off at all of the transplants in Charlotte, the money that is coming in and the explosion of new construction is benefiting everyones pocket. But again, I can see all points of view on this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or