U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 04:57 AM

1 posts, read 6,091 times
To correct an error

Gastonia - Lincoln Academy - Lincoln Academy used to be a all girls school one night a gang of boys took a girl who went to school there tied her up to a oak tree, then raped and disemboweled her. some say if you go there do not stop on the bridge because your car will turn off and not start. Plus reports of a presence felt late at night and smoke going in a left and right direction instead of a up motion.

"According to historical newspaper accounts, the body of Kathleen Smiley was found tied to a tree near the abandoned Lincoln Academy, by a local citizen. The date was April 21, 1974 at approximately 7:00pm. Later after the body was removed Rural Police returned, (because of a report of a burning vehicle at the scene of the crime) and found Miss Smiley`s red Volkswagen burning 75 ft from where her body was found. I will not go into details of how Miss Smiley was killed because I believe that would somehow diminish her story.

The Gaston Rural Police reconstructed the events leading up to Miss Smiley`s death. They believe that after meeting with her father at a Denny`s Restaurant on I85 in Atlanta she called her mother and reported being low on gas, but would be home soon. That was around 10:00am on April 21,1974. At approximately 10:30am they believe her car ran out of gas. This is where the two male suspects enter the picture. It is stated that they offered to help her, and here is where the story gets into gray areas. Police believe that the two men rode with Miss Smiley to Gastonia approximately 200 miles from Atlanta whether by force at this point or not no one seems to know (in a later account it is stated that they were charged with interstate kidnapping as well as first degree murder). What is known is that the red Volkswagen was seen in Bessemer City NC at 6:25pm driven by two men. The young girl was not seen in the vehicle at that time."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2009, 09:43 PM

1 posts, read 5,956 times
just as a further comment on the concord middle school story i went there in both the 6th and 7th grade (around 01 or 02) and idk if they are still there but there used to be trailers that contained classes behind the school and i had both english and history out there. atleast once a week me and some of my friends used to see someone darting up the hill and into the woods only to disappear when going to class. it was weird because it looked like a student in a red shirt and bluejeans and not like a ghost but they always appeared halfway up the hill already running and disappeared right at the top. they never made any noise and no one could ever figure out why it happened.

Old 02-21-2009, 04:04 PM

1 posts, read 5,884 times
the girl was in gerogia the two boys picked her up and took her to lincoln academy in gastoina n,c tied her to a tree with barbwire, raped,wired her mouth shut and set her on fire. the academy was said to be a tortur place and is now tore down. there is no brigde there now there is a golf course and the tree was not tore down it still stands there today. my moms friend saw them going and waived it was no confermed that she was not seen 2/21/09

Old 02-22-2009, 02:44 PM

2 posts, read 11,751 times
I am looking for an address to a house in Belmont,NC...my guitar player claims that as a child,he and his family lived there and experienced severe poltergeist activity til they had to move....also,everyone that lived there afterwards also experienced the same events(furniture moved,home apparently ransacked while both front and back doors were locked,stones being thrown from the wooded area around the home) he said that the Belmont police were assaulted by the stones being thrown and they investigated to no avail.Anyone with info on this can reach me at [email]kingsmountain_songwriter@yahoo.com[/email] or [email]rgary56@yahoo.com[/email]

Old 02-22-2009, 02:50 PM

2 posts, read 11,751 times
I remeber going to Lincoln Academy to see the site of the hauntings when I was younger...some friends and I actuall braved going down into the basement area...whic is all that was left by this time...there was a large opening in the ground and steps that led down into this place.It was dark and damp and very spooky.There was graffiti all over the walls and discarded beer and liquor bottles and thousands of ciggarette butts as well as signs of fires that had been built.The tree was there and you could see,what we were told ,marks caused by the fabled barbed wire used to tie the girl. We didnt see or hear anything that seemed supernatural.But,it was a spooky place.

Old 02-22-2009, 03:53 PM

230 posts, read 381,997 times
Anything spooky or haunted in the Hickory Area??

Old 04-04-2009, 05:49 AM

1 posts, read 5,706 times
Charlotte - Mcalpine creek trail. The mill is located on the campbell creek greenway side.

Old 06-28-2009, 10:25 PM

1 posts, read 5,394 times
I have experienced things in Founders Hall and McGlohan Theater when I was working there and in Kings Mountain state park. My friends and I drove out there one night, me being a sensative... and the one driving... I couldn't bear the pain and suffering I was feeling... I floored it and didn't stop until we were back in the interstate.

Old 08-14-2009, 05:04 PM

23 posts, read 30,413 times
We went to Lincoln Academy last week. Took dozens of photos but nothing is left of this place except the old cemetery that I don't believe to be haunted as well as a ton of old moldy bricks from where the school used to sit. Also, we did find what looked like a small brick wall where there was most likely the schools sign and a concrete slab where the flag pole would have most likely been placed. I read about there being animal sacrifices from Satan worshipers and whatnot around there but I seriously and utterly do not think it's haunted. Whatever might have been there is long gone now... Save for broken beer bottles, shredded mattresses and old rusty car parts that people seem to think they need to dump.

Old 08-14-2009, 06:03 PM

322 posts, read 381,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
I used to work at Heritage USA in Fort Mill many years ago and that place was creepy at night, heck even during the day!!! There was alot of "ghost" sightings and tales.
May have been some leftover creepy spirits that were there from the very beginning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte