Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 06:06 PM

348 posts, read 846,351 times

Advertisements

"Charlotte - McAlpine Creek Park - Trail - Walk this trail at night by yourself......Its right beside Independence road. The trail has an old mill house, it is said that a skeleton was found under the mills house bell. (Bring a flashlight, and something to protect yourself because there IS something in this trail.)"

Okay so what can you use to protect yourself from the "something" that is out there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 06:07 PM

348 posts, read 846,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by businessperson View Post
[Charlotte - McAlpine Creek Park - Trail - Walk this trail at night by yourself......Its right beside Independence road. The trail has an old mill house, it is said that a skeleton was found under the mills house bell. (Bring a flashlight, and something to protect yourself because there IS something in this trail.)

I'm sorry but I just had to laugh when I read this one...you walk anywhere near Independence Blvd at night and you had better bring something to protect yourself.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:00 PM

2 posts, read 11,349 times
Question Concord - Weddington Road

Yesterday when I was coming home from work at 2:00 a.m. on Weddington Road (Concord) btwn Concord Farm Rd and George Lyle, I saw a black mass shaped like a big man in the fog ahead of me. I was doing speed limit of 45 mph and stopped dead in the road thinking that someone was walking in the road and I might hit them. When I stopped, it disappeared. I was so unnerved, I could not sleep when I got home. I've lived on this road for more than 10 years and have never seen anything like this. Has anyone else ever seen or heard of something like this on Weddington Rd. in Concord? I'm a pretty rational person, but this has me thinking about finding a differnt route home at night.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:02 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellyDY View Post
Yesterday when I was coming home from work at 2:00 a.m. on Weddington Road (Concord) btwn Concord Farm Rd and George Lyle, I saw a black mass shaped like a big man in the fog ahead of me. I was doing speed limit of 45 mph and stopped dead in the road thinking that someone was walking in the road and I might hit them. When I stopped, it disappeared. I was so unnerved, I could not sleep when I got home. I've lived on this road for more than 10 years and have never seen anything like this. Has anyone else ever seen or heard of something like this on Weddington Rd. in Concord? I'm a pretty rational person, but this has me thinking about finding a differnt route home at night.
Since you were coming home at 2am, you probably were seeing things that weren't there.....

Old 11-03-2009, 10:14 PM

1 posts, read 5,715 times
Smile Spencer Mountain Haunted House

i want to comment on the spencer house, i live a few minutes away as well and one fall afternoon me and my boyfriend were walking and taking pictures of the river. i was joking around and said i saw something move in the house and took pictures and capured a figure in the up stairs window!! I think its haunted!

About Sallys bridge, ive never experinced anything but my mom grew up here and the bridge we know of today is on blacksnake road but its not the orginal bridge, the orginal bridge is off in the woods and still stands, you have to walk to it. But im not doing down there and no one should.

Old 11-04-2009, 02:37 PM

2 posts, read 11,349 times
Default Weddington Rd. Concord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Since you were coming home at 2am, you probably were seeing things that weren't there.....
Thanks for the Duh! However, my shift is at night, I'd only worked 7 hours and was completely alert. I just wanted to know if anyone else had an experience on that road.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:12 PM

1 posts, read 5,764 times
At Magnolia Gardens in Monroe on East Franklin Street.I actually seen the little girl in the top window of the house. She wears a yellow dress. Her name is caroline i dont know her last name. She was pushed from the top window and fell to her death. SHe is not the one you need to worry about. The lady in red is her mother. She loves to throw temper tantrums. The lady in red was so distraught about her daughters death that she killed herself for not watching her like she should have been. The man who pushed her is the other man in the house. he died of an illness. He never forgot what he did and it bothered him so bad that he was drawn to the house even in death. The only reason I know all of this is because she told me in my dream. She wanted me to know. I have alot of dreams about people who were murdered. They can come to me and tell me what happened. Just like the family who was murdered in 1912 by a man who hid in the attic and came out while they were sleeping and hacked them all to death with an axe. He was never caught. But I know who did it.

Old 12-21-2009, 10:12 PM

23 posts, read 51,915 times
Clt1774:

Do the tours still take place at this location? It is open to the public? I was interested in taking one myself or visiting if so... Please let me know =)

Old 12-28-2009, 12:26 PM
cfr

152 posts, read 373,715 times
Hi Morgan, I've been thinking about what you had last posted, since Nov.
I think that's an awesome gift.

Old 12-28-2009, 06:56 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,907,158 times
This is a pretty cool thread. Would like to hear more of your examples and stories!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte