Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 11:23 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,898,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
Actually don't care either way just fed up with all the threads why does Charlotte not have.........................
I pretty much agree with you. I am somewhat surprise that we don't have a Sacs Fifth Ave. I think that the availability of good grocery stores exceeds any place I have lived, I do like Whole Foods. They are much bigger than Trader Joes and has wonderful ready made foods, etc. I am sure it is just a matter of time before they arive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 11:27 AM

1,242 posts, read 4,035,588 times
Default I would love both!

I miss the Whole Food brand.

Old 03-24-2009, 12:25 PM

257 posts, read 669,552 times
Whole Foods did back out of Elizabeth but supposedly Fresh Market will go in that space. Like a previous poster mentioned, it should go into a spot in South Park.

The Village of Lake Norman (now called Augustlee) is trying to get Saks. Odd b/c if you go to the FAQ on the website they are also trying to get Best Buy and Target. I don't know if Saks will go for that.

http://www.corneliusbromont.com/

Last edited by hokiehigh; 03-24-2009 at 12:35 PM..

Old 03-24-2009, 01:34 PM

1,367 posts, read 5,740,440 times
Supposedly there IS still a Whole Foods plan in the works. According to a friend of mine who works for them opening new stores. But, don't know where or when.

We could really use a Whole Foods in Cabarrus County, the local grocers don't have the best product or bread selections. However, I don't know if it would be worth it if they put the local farmers markets out of business.

Old 03-24-2009, 01:46 PM

797 posts, read 3,295,817 times
Saks isn't interested in coming to Charlotte yet. Developers for years have been trying to get them here. So it's not Charlotte's fault. Same w/ Whole foods..they backed out.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:07 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,342,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingscotsman View Post
Actually don't care either way just fed up with all the threads why does Charlotte not have.........................
Agreed.

Old 03-24-2009, 02:43 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,751,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travlingrlclt View Post
Saks isn't interested in coming to Charlotte yet. Developers for years have been trying to get them here. So it's not Charlotte's fault. Same w/ Whole foods..they backed out.
This is true. Saks actually doesn’t have plans to open any new stores anytime soon; other than Off 5th outlets. The only thing they are concerned about now is all that red ink on their financial statements. As I said before, they are struggling financially. And they have been that way for some time now. I wouldn’t be surprised if they are sold in the near future.

Saks planned new locations: Planned Locations

Versus Nordstrom’s planned locations: New Store Openings - Nordstrom

Recent Saks Press Release: The Associated Press: Moody's cuts Saks credit ratings

Old 03-27-2009, 08:16 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,687,939 times
I went to Earthfare last night - VERY DISAPPOINTING. Many (and I mean many) of their goods you can find in supermakets - without the bump in price for having the priviledge of strolling through the store. The store is too small and has does not have enough variety. I assume their rent is enourmous, whihc is what people are paying for.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:40 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,898,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
I went to Earthfare last night - VERY DISAPPOINTING. Many (and I mean many) of their goods you can find in supermakets - without the bump in price for having the priviledge of strolling through the store. The store is too small and has does not have enough variety. I assume their rent is enourmous, whihc is what people are paying for.
I went to Earthfare in Asheville and I think it was the best grocery store I have ever visited. I guess since they originated there, they might have more, better stuff. It seemed like a combination of Harris Teeter and Waitroses in London with a little Marks and Spences thrown in. It really offered everthing. It was like a bigger, better Fresh Market.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:43 AM

124 posts, read 361,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travlingrlclt View Post
When and if Donald Trump ever makes his mark here in CLT, Saks and other high end stores will follow. He is the Pied Piper of these businesses and things will definitely change wherever he goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte